StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Favourite spinning pole moves?

• Favourite spinning pole moves?

Posted by Sassafrassle on December 29, 2011 at 8:29 pm

So I decided that my next routine would be a good time to work in some spinning pole into my pole life. Only problem is that our studios don't often work on spinny a lot and so I'm casting my net around to find some moves to work on. I'm primarily interested in pretty and controlled spins/poses because the song I've chosen is quite slow and melancholy. 

People who work in spinny, any recommendations on good spins particularly, especially for someone who hasn't had a lot of spinny experience? I realise that most spins I can do on static can also be done on spinny but I'd be quite keen on things that you're more likely to see done on spinny rather than static, if that makes sense (eg. the pose of the move works better when the spinning's being done for you or something like that). Also maybe combos that'd be manageable for someone who is relatively strong but again hasn't had much opportunity to work with the momentum of a spinny pole? Any and all suggestions welcome:) Ta:)

RoseMay replied 12 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Lina Spiralyne

December 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Oh, I should have some opinion here since I love working on spinny! I'll give you a list of moves I like. It doesn't necessarely mean that they are easier on spin mode.

1) Gemini -> Scorpio switch. I think this one looks great when you sweep the leg in the same direction as your pole spins. So if you are going clockwise then it will be an outside leg hang to an inside leg hang. 

2) Hood Ornament

3) Planck (aka Advanced lay-out)

4) Wrist Seat

5) Cross knee release. Looks nice and free on spinny. CAR is also very pretty but a bit dangerous on spin mode (at least if your pole is smaller than 50 mm) if you want to keep legs completely straight and toes pointed. CKR is safer.

5) Allegra. Can preferrably transition into a superman even if it may be a bit difficult.

6) Cupid

7) Stargazer

8) Rainbow

I guess the list can be made long and what's making it difficult is that I don't really know your level. But I'm sure at least some of these will be doable for you. I'm glad you are taking the step to start working on spinny because it rocks once you get used to it! Be patient!

• Lina Spiralyne

December 30, 2011 at 6:08 pm

…forgot a couple of good ones so I'll continue;)

9) Ballerina

10) Jamilla to Cradle (no handed if you can take the pain…)

Cheers!

• RoseMay

December 31, 2011 at 7:52 am

I think that upright poses on the pole look so much prettier on spinning mode than on static. Also most of them are easy to hold longer and its so beautiful to watch 🙂 And if your song is melancholy you can adjust the poses, like maybe let your head fall down instead of looking up. Some examples: pole sit variations, swan, viva seat, embrace, daphne, lady sit, layback, upright thigh hold, drama queen, hood ornament, teddy, yogini, skater, ….

Also what I think you can't really do on static is to go into normal spins from the pole, e.g. you do a pole sit, then into a front hook spin. Spins like the angel (the name is often used, but I mean the one from the Art of Pole dvd 1) or several attitude variations look better on spinning mode.

Oh also MissDirdyBirdy on Youtube has some tutorials for beginners in spinning mode, maybe you find something you like there 🙂