StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Fav Fall Recipes

• Webmaster

Administrator
    October 6, 2012 at 7:24 pm

@Chemgoddess – you are a tease!!!!  Don't say I need to post, just post it.  Now you have me craving pumpkin fluff with no hope of appeasing that craving!!!!

• chemgoddess1

October 6, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Pumpkin Cookie Dip

8 oz cream cheese
    15 oz solid pack pumpkin
    3 oz instant vanilla pudding
    8 oz cool whip
    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp ground cinnamon

Using electirc mixer cream cheese until smooth, then add can pumpkin, dry pudding mix, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon. Mix well, then add the container of cool whip. Best when served with gingersnaps, but can use any hard cookie. Graham crackers are not bad, but the 'snaps win! Found out it is also really good with sugar cookies

• chemgoddess1

October 6, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I had to find it!!!!  Happy now???

• Tovah

October 6, 2012 at 7:35 pm

WE CAN'T FORGET OUT PETS

DOG /CAT COOKIES (got this out of a magazine that they were giving away at the pet store)

2 Ingredients

-1 cup flour or 1 cup wheat germ

-1 cup of your favorite quality dog or cat canned food

In keeping with the season, we've chosen Fruitables' Pumpkin Digestive Supplement

>Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet

>Combine the ingredients and mix thoroughly

>You can either roll the misture into 1-inch balls or flatten mixture with a rolling pin.

>Use a fun animal themed cookie cutters.

>Place the balls on greased baking sheet and flatten them with the back of the fork.

>Bake for 25-30 minutes

>Remove and cool on wire rack.

VARIATION

For flavour and to ward off fleas, add a touch of garlic puree or powder

OR

add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed for a shiny coat.

• Tovah

October 6, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Maybe you will all like the title of this rcepe that when I was about to put it away https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif

SUGAR STRIPS

1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter

1/3 cup sugar

1 egg

1 cup sifted flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 egg yolk

1 teaspoon water

1/2 cup (60 g)ground nuts

1. Cream butter. Add sugar and the egg and beat  until light and fluffy.

2. Add flour and salt and mix well. Chill

3. Roll out to a thickness of 1/8 inch (3mm).Trimm edges and place on a cookie sheet uncut. Brush with beated egg yolk mixed with water. Sprinkle with a little sugar and nuts.

4. Bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven for 15 minutes. Cut into 3/4 x 2 1/2 inch

Makes 7 dozens

• PoleFitMom

October 7, 2012 at 9:34 am

I really enjoy this recipe – Espcially since it is crock pot easy! Although I haven't eaten it by itself, I think it makes a great chunky chip dip!

http://rita-may-recipes.blogspot.com/2011/11/crock-pot-cream-cheese-chicken-chile.html

xoxo, PFM

• SaschaPoles

October 8, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I don't have any recipes to post (I don't cook, never will and never have…good luck to the guy who gets me, lol). BUT these recipes you guys posted sound DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• portableninja

October 8, 2012 at 1:06 pm

All of these recipes sound great! I have a couple of crockpot soup recipes that I'm planning to try this fall, I can't wait to try them out. Nothing like making the house smell good. I also love making homemade Italian food (meatballs, lasagna, etc) during the fall for the same reason.

Here's a cookie recipe. It's not really mine since it's from Food Network, but I've made it and it's awesome. The cardamom really adds a nice note.

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup http://www.foodterms.com/encyclopedia/butter/index.html

3/4 cup http://www.foodterms.com/encyclopedia/sugar/index.html

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon pure http://www.foodterms.com/encyclopedia/extracts/index.html

1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cardamon

3 cups rolled oats

1 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture and stir until well blended. Add dried cranberries. Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment covered baking sheet. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.

• AriFerrari

October 8, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Ooh! Love this! Fall comes around and I'm a pumpkin junkie! Two easy and favorite recipes:

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cupcakes
    Makes 12

1 Can Pumpkin Puree
    1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (I've also tried Swiss Chocolate Mix and it's just as awesome!)

Preheat oven to 350
    Combine ingredients in large bowl, mix with mixer until smooth
    Spoon batter into greased or paper liner lined muffin pan 
    Cook for 20-25 mins (stick a tooth pick in the center, if it comes out clean, you're done!)
    Let stand until cooled, ENJOY!

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
    (I posted this as a status on SV, but here it is again)

1/2 Banana
    1/3 C Pumpkin Puree
    1/3 C Plain Greek Yogurt
    3/4 C Vanilla Almond (or Soy) Milk (I've used 2% in a pinch and it was still yummy!)
    Few Shakes of Pumpkin Pie Spice
    4-5 Ice Cubes.
    Blend.

• Cantetinza17

October 17, 2012 at 9:55 am

For our fall Equinox, I made a great roasted vegetable medley and that was great!  I'll look for it and post it!

• MissMeliss

October 18, 2012 at 4:32 am

Some great recipes here!!

For the pets one, though- I strongly advise to NOT use garlic, as it can be toxic to dogs. A SMALL amount SHOULD be fine, but I wouldn't risk it anyway. Other than that, those bikkies look yummy as!

• PoleFitMom

October 18, 2012 at 1:18 pm

This is the go-to white chicken chili recipe we make. When I found it I was excited to try it, but never thought it would be "the recipe" that made me stop looking for similar things.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cha-chas-white-chicken-chili/Detail.aspx

• Traci Hauptman

October 25, 2012 at 4:33 pm

mmmmmm some of these sound delicious! 

I recently came up with a "PUMPKIN PIE" SMOOTHIE. It's super tasty, easy to make, and full of nutrients! It's also dairy-free, sugar-free, guilt-free, and vegan. It's the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and keep your booty looking good in your pole shorts!

recipe is here: http://eatcleandancedirty.com/2012/10/10/pumpkin-pie-protein-smoothie/

ENJOY!

• LovesIt

October 25, 2012 at 7:18 pm

@Traci-I made your smoothie, I was missing the ginger (which is on my shopping list as I'm sure it would be amazing!) and was pleasantly surprised by the texture of the sweet potato. It was so velvety….love it when good for you food is delicious!!

• Traci Hauptman

October 25, 2012 at 10:38 pm

@lovesit ~ so glad you liked it! 

Page 2 of 2