StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Falling leg warmer fixes?

• Falling leg warmer fixes?

Posted by LyraPole on August 12, 2015 at 8:33 pm

A while back I posted I couldn’t find leg warmers which passed my knees… Now I’ve found some great ones but the fall while walking/warming up! I can’t win! What fixes do you have to keep them up? These are thigh high and I’m not into the garter belt idea. Someone suggested using hot glue on the inside to aid in “grippiness” but I’m not sure if that’ll last through washing. Any info/tips would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Sarah Brace replied 8 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • I polekat I

August 13, 2015 at 4:32 am

the hot glue idea could be good, something similar to the grippy silicone lining you get on strapless bras…. you should be able to find something for clothes so it could cope with washing…
    also there is a japanese glue product the schoolgirls use to hold their socks up, im not sure of the name but google ‘japanese sock glue’ and you should find it. not sure how good that would be if you wanted to remove the leg warmers for pole grip, you would probably have to wipe it off your legs first (or hey maybe it would be an awesome grip as well haaaaahahaha!!!!) =D

• I polekat I

August 13, 2015 at 4:32 am
  • brittannymg1239910

August 13, 2015 at 6:07 am

Try the football sock method! Where they fold over at the top( works best just after the biggest part of your calf, below the knee), apply a thin electrical/sports tape around the leg firm enough to hold them and then fold the top over the tape to hide and presto 🙂

• brittannymg1239910

August 13, 2015 at 6:08 am

Over the top of the leg warmer with the folded then coming over it 🙂

• I polekat I

August 13, 2015 at 6:41 am

would that work for thigh length ones though….? I think they would still slip as your thigh is larger than your knee…

• Sarah Brace

August 13, 2015 at 7:55 am

If the the warmers are rib-knitted ones then you could try sewing elastic thread into the top inch or so, kind of how the inside of sports socks are. It’s a bit faffy & time consuming I know, but it might offer a permanent fix.