StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Fake Xpole?

• Fake Xpole?

Posted by blueeyes on October 29, 2009 at 3:03 am

My friend just got her new pole in today….
    She ordered it off ebay and she knew it wasnt a real Xpole. I warned her that anything other than Xpole, LM, and PS are NOT worth it! Well, its one of the Xpole knock-offs and she put it together and says its just like mine (a REAL X-pole) and even has the KT Coates DVD with it! I was like… what? can they even do that?!

But I havent seen the pole yet, she paid like $175, then free shipping.

I mean, is this a good pole? She says it seems sturdy, but it just worries me. I mean, what is such the big different between the two??

skyehasnolimit3457 replied 11 years, 10 months ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • EVamp83

October 29, 2009 at 8:28 am

A while ago X-pole sent out an official e-mail to warn the public about fake X-poles.
    This is what they wrote:

PLEASE PASS THIS ON……..

Fake X-poles

As some may have heard there have been some Fake X-Poles on the market, these have come from EBay, We have one of these fake X-Poles here and they are very dangerous. We are in the process of dealing with this. We have had them removed from eBay and are now taking action to have this stopped and to help protect the safety of all the dancers. If your student has bought a pole from ebay for less than £159.99 the likeliness that this is fake is very high.
    The main ways to know if the pole is fake is :

1) The upper dome is made of plastic, it has black rubber around it and the silver section is very thin plastic. ( this will crack on pressure being applied)
    2) The base is not articulating.
    3) The base does not have our little X’s on them.
    4) The joints are not welded together therefore they will come out and the pole will just be a tube.
    5) The instructions are a photo copy and the DVD is also a bad copy.
    6) There are only 2 ball bearings – this means the pole will not spin under pressure.

If your customer has bought one of these poles they will not be covered for any injuries caused to them selves or to their property, They can not exchange the pole and Vertical Leisure will not be able to replace any faulty parts.

If you do have a customer complaint regarding an X-Pole which has been bought from eBay or not from yourselves please ask them for there serial number which will be on the upper dome. Ask them if the base has the X’s on them ect and check the pole. If this is a Fake I would recommend that they get a full refund via PayPal and send the pole back to who they bought it from.

If any school / company / person is found selling Fake X-poles we will not only take legal action (already pending with one company ) we will also not supply them with Real X-poles, X-stages or any product from Vertical Leisure.

Should one of these fake poles fail and someone is hurt this will reflect on the whole pole dance industry. Remember the negative reaction to dance poles in Tesco’s imagine what would happen if someone was to harm them selves on one of these. Everyone’s hard work over the past few years would be lost. We are not just concerned for our product but as a dancer myself am concerned for the future of pole dancing itself with rubbish such as this on the market.

X-POLE is a quality brand and we do not want our customers confusing this rip-off version with the quality and safety associated with genuine X-POLE products

If you have already been approached by a company offering CHEAP X-poles please be aware of the above information. To help us have this stopped please try and get as much information as possible regarding the company/person trying to sell these to you. The more information we get the better. If you are approached to commence selling the new imitations, please gather as much information about the poles and the distributors as possible. Written or emailed information is best.

Be very suspicious if the distributor wont leave you with a sample to test, if they wont let you personally assemble & play with the product/parts, or if they don’t leave you with any tangible information (e.g. brochures detailing the product and / or its assembly).
    Ask about replacement parts, warranties and insurance.

• Rouge_LAmour

October 31, 2009 at 9:48 am

The fact that it has the KT Coates DVD means that it has broken copyright laws.
    Basically you can scare the beejeebus out of your friend by saying that she has a pirated DVD and if caught is liable for serious fines (up to $250k).

The DVD is the main thing that x-pole are getting the forgers on, so let your friend know that, I mean would she really want to be caught with pirated goods that could land her in big trouble??

Also, if you can get hold of the receipt, send the details to x-pole UK, they will be rather happy to get the details of the importer and can then get them via the courts for distribution of pirated material.

This is how we got them off Trade me (kiwi version of eBay), purely by the pirated DVD.

• blueeyes

November 1, 2009 at 1:27 am

Oh yeah, the pole she got definitely came with photocopied instructions, and a burned copy of the KT Coates DVD… totally illegal…
    Thanks for the information!

• khandi71

November 2, 2009 at 3:17 am

OMG! My X-Pole has a black ring around it and the bolt is black, and yes I ordered it off E-Bay. It came in a box that looked just like the one from the site. All this time I had a fake pole. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_twisted.gif Now time to save up and get a real one, before I fall and bust my @$$!

Thanks for the info!

• Castleoutsider

November 2, 2009 at 4:37 am

yeah unless its one of our postings cuz i believe one of karols friends put hers up on ebay so .. unless posted here.. dont buy it? .. thats insane -_-

• hottielolo

November 2, 2009 at 5:30 am

Glad I didn’t win the pole that I bid for last week on ebay!!

Hottielolo

• Castleoutsider

November 2, 2009 at 5:58 am

LOL so that means some other sad soul got it >.< lol

• skyehasnolimit3457

September 18, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I started 2 purchase 1 on eBay but the sillier n laguna had such a bad attitude 2wards his purchasers who wasn’t happy with his service. Whhheeewww!!!!! Good save