StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Extreme Stand Alone Pole

• k2weller

November 18, 2009 at 3:57 am

Woah. What a concept! I don’t have an answer for you, but thanks for spreading the word about what’s new out there. My dance group uses a PS stage, which is okay, but this seems much better. Less hassle, less intruding stage, more usable pole… hmmmmmmm. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumleft.gif

• RoxyPink

November 18, 2009 at 1:27 pm

seems cool, but you would have to fill the base with either sand or water everytime you use it…personally I couldn’t imagine taking it to a venue and asking where their hose connection is…lmao

• GatorGirl4Life

November 18, 2009 at 2:06 pm

It doesn’t look like the base requires any sand or water….the base looks too flat to put anything underneath. I am definitely interested in this pole, and I wish the owners of the studio I teach at bought one so we could use it for location parties and not have to hassle with the PS removable pole. If anyone ends up getting this pole, please post a review!

• onepinkprincess

November 18, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Hi my work internet wouldn’t let me follow the link but I wondered if you were talking about the new R-pole or a similar thing. The R-pole is a 38mm pole which is really easy to move about, is free standing and it’s base doubles as a mat. Follow the link. http://www.r-polefitness.com/

I tried it out at Miss Pole Dance UK and it was great they had 2 demo poles. The studio I’m at has ordered some for their new venue and our instructor had one on loan for a while before she ordered and loved it. Her boyfriend managed swinging like an idiot on it without tipping it over too. They are expensive but for what it is I think it’s probably worth it I would get one if I didn’t already have a pole.

Hope we’re trying to talk about the same thing and that my comments help.

Cxxx

• onepinkprincess

November 18, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Nearly forgot no sand or water required just the base and the pole.

Cxxx

• Mary Ellyn

November 18, 2009 at 4:44 pm

It doesn’t look like the base requires any sand or water….the base looks too flat to put anything underneath. I am definitely interested in this pole, and I wish the owners of the studio I teach at bought one so we could use it for location parties and not have to hassle with the PS removable pole. If anyone ends up getting this pole, please post a review!

the base sections have a hole and plug so you can pour sand or water into them. They are actually very light weight sections to make transport easier but the sand/water issue seems like an inconvenience.

The R-pole turned out to be extremely expensive and while it’s usable, from what I’ve seen it’s not as stable as I would like. Plus it cannot be used without the crash mat at the bottom.

XStage has a new version they are calling Xstage lite with a shorter and lighter weight stage but I’ve not seen nor tested it yet. Not even certain when it will be available or if it will be in the US at all.

At Hedo last week, I saw for the second time now a PS stage pole snap and break under the stage flooring. Mine was a brass pole when it happened but was only 3 days old. This was the stainless pole version but was a couple of years old with a lot of ues.

I think a good stage pole is just going to be heavy and expensive in order to be safe and functional.

• yogabeachbabe

November 19, 2009 at 2:48 pm

My teacher has both the old PS stage as well as the new Xpole stage and while I haven’t used the Xpole stage myself, she has said that it’s really, really heavy. But I guess that won’t help you until you lift it and try it on your own!

• Mary Ellyn

November 19, 2009 at 2:52 pm

yes the xstage is very heavy. The base alone weighs about 80 pounds – that is the largest piece that you have to move when it’s disassembled.

it comes in cases with wheels to make transport easier but if you have to lift it in and out of your vehicle or up and down stairs it will be tough to deal with. I can carry the base myself but I’d rather not if I have my hubby with me! LOL

I believe the entire stage and pole assembled is just under 150 pounds if I recall correctly.

However, when we use to transport the old PS stage, the stage bottom was bulkier and more inconvenient plus I used 400 pounds of sandbags as counter weight in order to truly stablize it. That was worse than lugging the Xstage.