StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Extreme Newb from the STL area

• Extreme Newb from the STL area

Posted by Zephyr113 on January 15, 2010 at 1:49 am

Hello! I’ve only been looking into pole dancing/exotic dancing for about a week, but it’s sparked my interest a lot. I used to do at home belly dance for fitness DVDs, but it gets lonely doing it by yourself. I’m on the hefty side, and am VERY top heavy. I’m still in college and don’t really have any direction in life yet, so my part time job isn’t exactly a wealth of income for buying poles and whatnot, so my objective for now is learning.

Anyway, this seems like an awesome site and a very friendly cast of people. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_joker.gif It’s nice to meet all of you!

FreeTheSun replied 14 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Rena LadyBug

January 15, 2010 at 3:45 am

Welcome to StudioVeena!!!!! It does get lonely poling alone! This site is sooo wonderful for that reason b/c you don’t feel like you are doing it alone! We have chats on Friday so if you are availabe stop by!!! And trust me, I’m by no means a little girl!! I’m a thick chick! We are just as capable of poling as all the skinnier people, but it does take a little longer, but stick with it!!! This site is wonderful about helping and not judging, so don’t be afraid to post videos!!! If it wasn’t for this site I would have probably given up on pole dancing a long time ago!! Who knows, you might find other polers in your area!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 15, 2010 at 3:54 am
  • SaschaPoles

January 17, 2010 at 12:53 am

welcome!!!!!!!!!!! definitely check out veena’s lessons- she teaches you how to properly warm up, transition, stretch, as well as breaks down moves in different categories safe for learning- beginner, intermediate and advanced. also stop by chat on friday to meet veena herself and many other polers!

• FreeTheSun

January 17, 2010 at 7:42 am

Welcome! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif It took me a while to be able to afford a pole too (just finished college and no real job yet cause I’m fleeing the country…by choice not cause I have to) but eventually I managed to get enough. Keep saving your pennies.