StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Energy Problems

• Energy Problems

Posted by 33barbwire on April 1, 2016 at 2:53 am

Somebody please remind me that this is temporary and things will smooth out soon. Today it just doesn’t feel like it. :'(

I was doing great on pole stuff recently, working out consistently and everything, but since I dove deep into starting a small business, I’m low on time and energy for pole. Of course my business is exciting, and it’s also scary to deal with the stuff that comes with making a business, and pole is how I let loose, but haven’t done it in almost two weeks.

It suuuucks to take an inadvertent hiatus from pole, for any length of time, because that’s my other major passion. But apparently during the week outside of my day job, I only have energy for one passion at a time.

It’s all part of my multi-phase plan to create the job(s) I want and quit the one that’s not nearly as fulfilling.

Thank you for listening.

Claire Moon replied 8 years ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • bformosa922163

April 1, 2016 at 3:28 am

Yes. Sometimes life can get busy and it’s very hard to do 2 passions at a time because they really do take up a lot of energy. I too have been off the pole for a while because of a few things going on.

Fortunately though, the plateau doesn’t last forever and it’s actually healthy to be away from your passion for a while especially if you’ve got other things going on. When you do get back on the pole, you’ll remember how much you love.

I’ve learnt that accepting the fact that I won’t always want to be on the pole does really help.

• Runemist34

April 1, 2016 at 5:48 am

I totally know how this goes. Balancing my many, many hobbies has been something of a roller coaster of learning where, and how, I get my energy, and how much I can possibly have in a day. It tends to vary, but there are certain things I can do to help it along… but, sometimes those things take energy, too!
    Starting a business is SO time and energy consuming, so keep your head up, and make sure you give yourself the credit you really do deserve for putting yourself out there and going to get the things you really want in life!
    As for getting some pole in there… have you considered doing some “light pole” instead of a full workout? Sometimes just having the holding pattern, rather than focusing on progression, can still fulfill you, and it can keep you strong until you are back to being able to get back to the hard stuff.
    Just working on your transitions, doing moves you love, maybe even staying grounded for most of the time. It can still be lots of fun that way! And you might come out finding little quirks about some simple moves that you get to work out and make more fluid, instead of pushing yourself to get stronger and having more moves under your belt.
    Just a thought, anyways 😉

It WILL pass. Take care of yourself 🙂

• LatinPoler

April 1, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I can relate! Currently I was feeling always exhausted, and for a reason. I was very busy at work, just progressed to an higher pole level class and started to invert, was training for a half marathon and working on back and leg flexibility. It turned out that I was feeling so weak that I was afraid to hold pole tricks like the Figure 4, which I had nailed before. I was not enjoying my pole practice anymore and I was scare of falling. I talked to my instructor and she recommended exactly the same as Runnemist, to stick to floorwork, flow and lower level pole classes for a while, at least until I ran my half marathon. I’ve been off the pole for 3 days now and feel much better, I am planning to take one flow class tomorrow. Bottom line, we are not machines. I also love this quote: the man who chases two rabbits won’t catch any. I have to remind this myself all the time.

• 33barbwire

April 2, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Thanks y’all. 🙂 I needed all of this. I’ve just tried to reply two other times, but nothing more than the first section shows up, so this will just all get crammed together. I like the quote about chasing rabbits. I have so many rabbits I love chasing and have had to let several go in order to focus on pole and my business. It’s hard to remember to forgive myself for setting these limits, and hopefully after I’ve knocked out a few of the bigger business tasks, I’ll feel start feeling better and more adjusted. Thanks again! I’ve been practicing pullups on a bar at home and picked up the #bendybackchallenge on instagram (check @33barbwire to laugh at some flexy fails). This is just so I’m doing *something* but since it’s the weekend I’ll make time to get in some light pole too, like everyone here suggests.

• Elyse Hauke

April 26, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Believe me, exhaustion is no stranger to me, especially as a person with thyroid issues and a hectic life. I recently lost about 23 lbs and still have a long way to go but every day gets a little easier. Some days are better than others, but overall, now that I am active again I feel so much better.

We all have days where we struggle and hit plateaus when we feel like our progress has come to a screeching halt. Part of my issue for a very long time has been managing work and school and a LOT of personal stuff over the last 5 years.

I finally made a decision, that even on the days where I am tired that I have to make time for myself and even 10 mins a day spent on pole or doing whatever other activity to improve my mind and body is better than nothing. Submitting to my exhaustion just created more exhaustion. So here I am gaining back what I have lost and at times am completely frustrated and want to cry. But when I push through it, I end up shrieking and screaming hysterically when I get a move back then cry out of sheer joy. Pole has always been a source of stress relief for me so I even if i am too tired to work on inverted moves or even spins, I dance it out and I dance slow if have to. Just remember not to be so hard on yourself and celebrate every bit of progress you achieve; not just on the pole but in all your endeavors.

• Claire Moon

April 28, 2016 at 5:00 am

I hear ya. I’m sure it’s just temporary! Don’t be too hard on yourself. I’m a full time pharmacist and it’s a really emotionally and mentally demanding job. Standing all day doesn’t help. Usually pooped by the time I get home and I just look longingly at my pole. Sad feels. Hang in there and good luck with your business!!