StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Editing software

• Editing software

Posted by ShonaLancs on January 14, 2013 at 11:32 am

Hey guys,

I record my videos on an iPhone 4S. On this I can cut the videos making them shorter but can’t link the short vids together. So all my videos are little snippets. I have a windows PC to transfer them onto before putting them on SV.
    What editing software do you recommend for this? Preferably free /cheap and I am not very techy so nothing too complicated to use please 🙂

beginner2 replied 11 years, 4 months ago 9 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • SpyralBound

January 14, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I use Windows Movie Maker. It's free from Microsoft. If you have Windows 7 or above you might already have it on your machine; otherwise, you can download it from the Microsoft website. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/get-movie-maker-download

I've been shopping around for better ones, though, because I'd like to get more creative than WMM lets me. But it's been fine for my normal videos here. 

MAKE SURE before you do this, though, that the file format that your phone uses is compatible with Microsoft progress. Apple and Microsoft like to screw you over on that! 

• Webmaster

Administrator
    January 14, 2013 at 5:07 pm

iMovie on the iPhone is ten dollars and will allow you to append videos you take with it, add effects and do a bunch of other stuff to your videos.

• BeccaBuck

January 14, 2013 at 5:26 pm

i use imovie, and i like it a lot. i use it on my computer and ipad though, haven't tried it on the iphone!

• minicoopergrl

January 15, 2013 at 10:24 am

I LOVE iMovie!!!  I use it for all my video projects.   Eventually id like to learn Final Cut Pro but id need to start freelancing more. 

Ive done our annual eating contest at work on iMovie.  I get many compliments of the video and promos I do for them.

• beginner2

January 15, 2013 at 11:09 pm

pokeyd, sorry to ask but i'm really very stupid at editing videos. would you brief me how to have imovie after i record a video with my ipad3? i really don't know what to do with the video rather than watching it with lots of cases i fall off making a loud sound my feet landed on floor. thank you.

• BeccaBuck

January 16, 2013 at 11:33 am

You’re just wondering how to do basic editing in iMovie? I can make a little video tutorial when I get home from work tonight, on putting clips together, adding music, etc. Or is there a specific editing technique you’re wondering about?

• BeccaBuck

January 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm

heres a quick tutorial i made for imovie. if there are any questions you have that i didn't address, let me know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2_hqEbA3a0&feature=youtu.be

• PrincessPeach

January 16, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Just bought Imovie after watching your tutorial. Excited!

• beginner2

January 16, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Thank you pokeyd. i just want to do basic editing to cut  unwanted parts, put videos together and add music. I just don't know how to start.  i'll view the youtube link you gave now.

• BeccaBuck

January 17, 2013 at 8:25 am

It’s best to cut unwanted parts from your video before putting the clips into iMovie. Do that in the camera roll/photo app. So if you film an entire practice session, go through the footage to figure out what clips you want. Tap the bar at the top and yellow lines appear that you can use to grab a clip. Once you have a clip selected with the yellow lines, tap the “Trim” button at the top right. make sure to select the “Save as New Clip” option, NOT the “Trim Original” option. If you tap “trim original” you will lose everything except what you have selected. If that’s unclear, I can make a video for that too, let me know!

• Lyme Lyte

January 17, 2013 at 9:15 am

Pokeyd, I would LOVE a tutorial on how to trim the movie on the I-pad!  I tried it a few times and lost everything.  Therefore, I load a whole session straight onto my computer and then start editing.  Thanks if you can do that!  🙂

• BeccaBuck

January 17, 2013 at 10:19 am

here you go lyme! hope this helps! (don't mind the ferret, photo bomb part way through, lol. i didn't want to have to re-record everything because of her!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_pWxSIhIlw&feature=youtu.be

• Lyme Lyte

January 17, 2013 at 10:31 am

OK, GREAT!  Now I have never used Imovie on my I pad.  Maybe I should download that.  Then can you just upload that video to Veena from your Ipad?  Also, can you add music to it?  Thanks!

• BeccaBuck

January 17, 2013 at 10:39 am

you can add music to the video on the ipad, as well as subtitles/text, etc.  thats covered in the first imovie tutorial i posted. I don't know if you can load videos directly from the ipad to veena. i always move them from the ipad to my computer to upload to veena, but not sure if thats necessary or not!

• Lyme Lyte

January 17, 2013 at 10:53 am

Oh, great I just noticed you have another video. Thanks for your help, I will play around with it!  🙂

Page 1 of 2