StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Editing music for competition

• Editing music for competition

Posted by Mindy4pole on August 15, 2010 at 6:02 am

I’m finally entering a competition (Miss Texas Pole Star)!! It’s on Sep. 16th, the Friday after my 35th birthday, so I think it will be a good celebration!

Anyway, they require that your song be exactly 3 minutes. I found an inspiring song which is, of course, too long. All I need to do is cut one repeat of the chorus, and I’m good. But I can’t figure out what tool to use for it! I’ve downloaded a couple of things, and they just wouldn’t work.

Any suggestions??

Thanks sooooooo much!
    Mindy

Mindy4pole replied 14 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

August 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Have you tried bitpim?

• Charley

August 15, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Try one of these
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-free-digital-audio-editors/

The only one on that list I can vouche for is Audacity – I have used it and it’s pretty simple. I do some sound engineering/vo work and I use Adobe Audition but I don’t think there is a light version or a trial version if it. You can always opt to have someone do it for you too. I think a studio would probably only charge about $50.

• anngiern

August 16, 2010 at 6:05 am

go to your nearest guitar center and ask around in the dj/sound system department. many guys that work there cut music as a side gig. shouldnt cost more than $25 and takes them very little time to do it. you definitely dont want a bad cut of music for your audition piece

• Mindy4pole

August 17, 2010 at 8:55 am

Thanks for the suggestions! I realized I was making things way to hard, and just did a fade out at 3 minutes. It sounds great, and the time is just right.

I used a program I downloaded called WAV mp3 Editor Pro.

I’ll post a video of my choreography after the competition is done!

Mindy