StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Does anyone know what happened to USPDF and APFC?

• Does anyone know what happened to USPDF and APFC?

Posted by chemgoddess1 on November 17, 2013 at 2:08 pm

So it is pretty obvious that neither of these two happened this year. Does anyone know what happened? Are competitions folding? I know that these two were ripe with controversy, did that finally take its toll?

Black Orchid replied 10 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Krista Bocko

November 17, 2013 at 2:41 pm

wow, I didn’t realize there wasn’t USPDF until now…I wonder why we haven’t heard any buzz about it??

• Maria-Elena Kadala

November 18, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Have the organizations folded, or were there no competitions?

Frankly, with all the drama that surrounded them, I wouldn’t blame the organizers for suspending/discontinuing them.

• debra007

November 19, 2013 at 7:35 am

I don’t know official reasons, but we went to the APFC last year and there was hardly any audience for the space they had. I doubt they covered their costs.

• TheDiva

November 19, 2013 at 7:35 am

In regards to USPDF, I believe it was a financial issue. With APFC, I think it folded under the weight of its own drama, lol.

• Krista Bocko

November 19, 2013 at 7:51 am

wow, seems like USPDF was *the* competition to see and be seen. wonder what former competitors and winners think about it all? after all, it gave them a lot of exposure and fame in the pole world!

• SkylerWither

November 19, 2013 at 9:04 am

I have been wondering the same, the website was lacking updated information and I have not seen any information on the comps this year. Hopefully, this will not be a occurring trend!

• Charley

November 19, 2013 at 11:01 am

I wouldn’t be surprised if USPDF resurfaces at some point. It’s expensive to run these events and its hard to get venues in NYC. I saw Wendy over the summer and although she didn’t give me any information I was left with the impression that this something she wants/plans to keep doing. I really like USPDF and what they were doing in regards to promoting the heels and sexy through their mandatory required heels in the compulsory round, I like how everyone had to do the same moves for that round too, I like the optional being a free format for artists. I like the concept a lot.

With the absence of USPDF this year I’ve noticed there were a couple of comps using the title “US National Championship” so it will be interesting to see what would/will happen if USPDF does in fact resurface. It will be interesting to see if it carries the same prestige. USPDF will always hold a special place in my heart as its the first organization I ever competed with.

Too bad about APFC, and they may also resurface. Competitions are changing, scoring is changing and the industry is changing I wonder if these first organizations just need a minute to catch up and be able to define themselves and their brand in this new world of competitions. And bear in mind these organizations as most with pole are run by single people who generally also run studios and have jobs, so it’s a lot of work on just one super human.

• makasha

November 19, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I’m pretty sure I just saw some events advertised in California as “USPDF Regional qualifier #17” or whatever number. They are/were being hosted by studios. I didn’t attend any of them, but heard about them on Facebook. I wonder if they were being filmed for submission to the main comp?

• Black Orchid

November 19, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I was at NYPD earlier this season and I took a class with Wendy ( who is a great teacher BTW). She said they were not doing a USPDF until 2014 so that they could adapt to feedback; improve the event etc. It sounded like she was also thinking of doing it ( or some version of it) in the South, maybe Nashville next year.