StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Do you need some freestyle accountability?! I DO!

• Do you need some freestyle accountability?! I DO!

Posted by PoleFitMom on November 18, 2015 at 2:35 am

Hi Friends! Are you struggling to post dances, partial or full songs? It seems as of lately I haven’t made a big focus on full freestyle dances. I teach choreography weekly but haven’t taken time to just move. I thought we might be able to help each other by posting a couple times a week to make a bigger focus on dancing and not just the latest and greatest trick trends.

If you are looking for motivation and accountability please let me know. I thought of an idea and will post it tomorrow. I hope some of you will help me get back into freestyle shape by participating with me! xoxo

Neesy118 replied 8 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • SunnySol

November 18, 2015 at 5:19 am

I just now posted something about a freestyle jam session before I read you post. I definitely need some accountability! Interested!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 18, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Let me know if you cow up with a plan or time, I can share it to the SV Fb page too

• PoleFitMom

November 18, 2015 at 7:28 pm

For me, I have always loved filming freestyles and have always loved filming tricks but those are very different lengths of video. A freestyle I am used to is anywhere between 3:30-4:30 minutes where as trick clips are now standard to me at 15 seconds because of Instagram. They problem with that is I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO out of freestyle shape, getting to the 4 minute mark makes me want to collapse because I haven’t worked on it in a long time. So here is what I am going to do:

Week 1: 4 Freestyles – 2 Static & 2 Spin Pole, each will be 60 seconds. THAT’S IT!

Week 2: 4 Freestyles – 2 Static & 2 Spin Pole, each will be 90 seconds. THAT’S IT!

Week 3: 4 Freestyles – 2 Static & 2 Spin Pole, each will be 2 minutes.

Week 4: 3 Freestyles – 2 Static & 2 Spin Pole, each will be 3 minutes.

My goal by the end of next month is to be in the kind of shape it takes to get back to a 3:30 without wanting to die :oP

I will be posting all of these freestyles (the good, the bad, and the ugly!) on SV and then linking them to this thread. I hope you will do the same! YAY! ACCOUNTABILITY! xoxo

• miglash

November 20, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Sounds great! I think I will attempt to join starting next week, though I always slack when it comes to spinning pole, so I dunno how that will end up in terms of ‘fluency’, buuuuuut you can’t learn if you don’t try 🙂

• Neesy118

November 21, 2015 at 1:02 am

Oooh, I like this idea!!!!!