StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Do you have a move that you’ve had to just throw in the towel on?

• ShonaLancs

June 5, 2012 at 5:08 am

CAR is my nemesis, when I first started poling I could do it.. Even lay ack from it.. Now the pain is SO gutting that I totally avoid it. My instructor tells me off for not practicing it to get over the pain again. Ah well
    never mind… It’ll come back when it has to! I’m not bothered.. 🙂

• Debss

June 5, 2012 at 6:46 am

Shona – where abouts do you grip on your thighs? My friend was having issues with CAR and we discovered it was because she was gripping too high up her thighs, once she tried it closer to her knees (well, more mid-thigh) she found it a lot easier!

• ShonaLancs

June 5, 2012 at 7:21 am

Debs, I do grip right at the top of my thigh , so much so that my bikini line is exposed (another reason why I dont like doing it!!) …perhaps I need to shift it down…hmmm, I didnt even think about that, thanks Debs, Ill have another do and try it lower. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Jade savage

June 6, 2012 at 7:20 am

Mine is knee hold. I got it once but it hurts like crazy. During a private with Amy Guion she said that maybe my body is just not meant for knee hold! What is CAR?

• Jade savage

June 6, 2012 at 7:20 am

Mine is knee hold. I got it once but it hurts like crazy. During a private with Amy Guion she said that maybe my body is just not meant for knee hold! What is CAR?

• misslara

June 6, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I found for the marley practicing a keyhole with the lower hand on the pole, then a keyhole with no hands is a good way to get the feeling for the marley.  they both have that knee hang with the top leg, and the thigh brace with the lower leg.  the knee hold took me a long time, and i still don't really love it… 

• nicolawilly21

September 24, 2013 at 8:31 am

I have a real problem with the noodle I sometimes can get my foot on but thats it and then feel that the top foot is not safe. Why is this?

Also the titanic omg drives me mad! Just cant seem to take my hand off!   Any tips will be very apprichiated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Page 5 of 5