StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Dirty Girl Poletice review

• Dirty Girl Poletice review

Posted by dustbunny on February 17, 2014 at 10:33 am

I’ve only used this once so far but I can already tell that this stuff is going to change the way I pole. AMAZING!
    I applied a thin layer (figuring I could add more if needed) an hour before I taught a beginner level class. I left my sweat rag on the table, played around a bit before class, taught the class, and continued after class before realizing I had not needed it all morning. My hands never got worse than a quick wipe on my shorts couldn’t take care of. Now, even teaching a level 1 I usually can’t do anything without wiping my hands constantly. I have tried Dry Hands and Tite Grip and while they do work I find the benefits short lived and am reapplying before getting through class.
    I am so impressed with this product and can’t wait to see how much this is going to improve my poling especially on spin.
    If sweaty hands are holding you back from being the poler you know you can be I highly recommend trying DGP for yourself.

Felicia D replied 10 years, 3 months ago 11 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 17, 2014 at 10:49 am

This is great news, I’m happy for you! I personally don’t have issues with sweat, but I get many questions about it, so it’s great to hear more good reviews on this! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

• Saphyre

February 17, 2014 at 10:57 am

I love my DGP! I usually only use it in the sweaty summer months. It is also great for arm pits and feet!! I love to use it before putting on my Jimmy Choos!

• Phoenix Hunter

February 17, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I like it for my feet and pits too Saphyre.

• dustbunny

February 17, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Ooh I haven’t tried it on my feet yet… maybe I will be able to do a cupid now!

• Phoenix Hunter

February 17, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Dustbunny, that’s exactly why I use it on my feet! haha! 🙂 that damn cupid!

• Autumn Sky

February 17, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I so agree, this stuff is fabulous for sweaty hands( and long lasting). I still occasionally use the dry hands on very humid days, but until I found this stuff I could not do a whole song on spin without stopping to wipe my hands. This was a game changer for my poling!

• Felicia D

February 17, 2014 at 8:12 pm

When you all use it do you follow the directions on the container, where you put it on with wet hands, wait for it to dry and then rinse, or do you put it on as you would mighty grip or chalk? I bought some a while back, because I have a huge problem with sweaty hands, and it doesn’t seem to do much of anything to help with the sweat. Maybe I’m using it wrong?

• Phoenix Hunter

February 17, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Felicia, I put it on my hands, let it dry, then rinse. It does not work that great for my hands honestly. I still have to use dry hands. but I do not have to usually re-apply dry hands during a practice session when I use DGP. I think my hands are just too sweaty. It works much better on my feet,etc. If I use DGP only on my hands it interferes with my grip worse than using nothing. so I either use nothing on my hands, just wipe with alcohol. or I use DGP and dry hands. I’m finding that I usually just get so damn frustrated that I use my mighty grip gloves. those gloves are great for my hands. Love DGP for the rest of my body though.

• Autumn Sky

February 17, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Felicia, I put my DGP on dry clean hands, wait till it is completely dry(all white and chalky ) then rinse off. It is usually an hour between the time I apply it, drive to the studio, warm up, and start poling. Last through my hour and a half class( again in humid weather, I still have to use dry hands, just not as much).

• quancutie23

February 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm

i have super sweaty hands to sometimes and since im out of shape i sweat very easliy. where can i purchase dirty girl poletice

• Phoenix Hunter

February 17, 2014 at 11:24 pm

quancutie- you can buy it at dirtygirlpoletice.com

• Dirty Girl POLEtice

February 18, 2014 at 3:24 pm

YEA! So happy it’s working for you!

Here’s some tips for ya..

First, hydrate the powder. I know some will just sprinkle it on to wet hands, but it’s preferable to hydrate your jar into a mud, this way the ingredients will mix better and also, less messy than powder as the powder is very fine!

Second, please strip your skin! Do not use a “moisturizing’ soap. These soaps have softening agents that coat your hands and don’t allow DGP to go where it needs. The quickest way to strip your skin is to put some rubbing alcohol (or vinegar) on your hands and rub it in (if the vinegar is too stinky, just rinse it off with water after). Dry your hands like normal, then apply the mud and follow the directions.

Once it’s dry and white all in the cracks of your palms, then just rinse it with water and dry as usual!

Another tip that I know most of us do. If you are a “wipe my hands on my shorts” person, you need to absolutely make sure that you are NOT using any fabric softeners or dryer sheets. These put a coating on your clothing, and when you wipe sweaty hands on that, it transfers and just builds up making you more slippery! If you do use softeners on your clothes, you need to strip them. Do this with white vinegar (just the cheap $2 gallon stuff), put about a cup or two in a sink with some warm water and soak your pole clothes in it for about an hour or so agitating every now and then. (you can also just do a soak in the washer if you have a top loader), then wash as usual, with no softeners! Your clothes won’t come out stinky 🙂

Some vids..

How to hydrate..
    http://youtu.be/IcOpqGHOgDQ

How to use… (skip to 2:08 as the first part is about our old containers and not pertinent anymore)
    http://youtu.be/CFdGTqU6oiI?t=2m8s

How to use super condensed version…(yea, I talk. A lot lol)
    http://youtu.be/wHVy1QwJ3LM

Also for you super sweaty girls, you MUST be getting magnesium into your body! When you sweat a lot, you lose magnesium, making you sweat more. So I suggest that everyone with hyperhydrosis that you take a nightly espsom salt bath (2-3 cups in a warm bath) for 20 minutes for a minimum of 2 weeks. This is to build the stores up mag into your tissues. Taking a mag supplement can be done, however, they estimate that the majority of people only absorb about 4% when taken internally, so through your skin is the best way, also, taking internally can give you the runs if you take too much lol. After 2 weeks of baths, you can drop to a couple of times a week, or you can also do foot/hand soaks in a bowl of warm water and about a cup of epsom. You can use any cheap old epsom, it’s all good!

• Dirty Girl POLEtice

February 18, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Also, fyi, you can use it on your face too! It makes an excellent face mask! Helps oil stay under control too! 🙂

• NVE

February 18, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I think I will give this a try! Sounds great!

• Charley

February 18, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Dirty Girl samples will be available at Pole Fest!!!! 😀

Page 1 of 2