StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Depressed

• Fleur

August 7, 2009 at 12:16 am

I’m sorry to read you’re feeling down Foxy https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif I read your blog a while back and thought it was a completely ridiculous situation because a) you have the right to your opinion (which also means they can’t fire you for it…but they could come up with some other reason I suppose) and b) the blog was completely unrelated to your professional life and thus should never have been brought up at your work place. It sounds to me like you’re really stressed out. There are few things that come to mind that may or may not be helpful to you:
    -Set aside some time every day, maybe only 10 minutes, to do some deep breathing, yoga, whatever works to relax you and give you some "me" time.
    -at work, if speaking to your manager about lessening your hours is not an option, make sure to take breaks every hour to walk around and stretch. It’s amazing what taking these little breaks can do for your mind and body.
    -set aside some time every week to spend with your family. Go see a movie, go have a picnic in the park, something that is unrelated to anything else that brings you stress.
    -Perhaps seeing a doctor or therapist may help you deal with your anxiety and stress. Constant, low level stress is the worst for your health.
    -eat healthy. Taking care of your body is important especially right now when you feel overwhelmed, getting sick would only add to your troubles.
    -Vent away!

I hope you find something that works and helps you, hugs https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

Fleur

• FreeTheSun

August 7, 2009 at 2:27 am

Foxy, I’m sorry to hear you’ve got so much on your plate and dealing with people who don’t seem to understand the personal and professional life boundary. I agree with attempting to incorperate at least some of what Fluer said, even if it is just deep breathing before getting out of bed (w/o falling back asleep) to mentally prep you for the day. Could you pack little bags of "snacks" that when eaten over the course of a day would make a meal. Like a small bag of baby carrots, a bag of crackers, a bag of cheese slices, a banana, a granola or energy bar. just little things that you can scarf down every few hours when you get a chance, even if it is on your way to the bathroom My sister has to do that sometimes because she works the overnight shift at an emergency vet hospital and sometimes she barely has the chance to pee so she snacks quickly on the way to the bathroom but it is better than nothing.

• cbella13

August 7, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Foxy, I’m so sorry you are feeling down. Fleur and Free had a lot of good suggestions. I know panic attacks are not fun. Take care and try to take some time out for yourself. When things get crazy-stressful here I try to do at least one little thing just for me like getting a magazine or some other little treat.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    *hugs*

• violet

August 7, 2009 at 2:57 pm

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif So sorry you are feeling so down and out. The other ladies had some great suggestions! But yeah, just try try try to set some time apart for yourself. Take a hot bath with some soaks and some music & relax for a bit. Maybe go to a park, lake or beach by yourself and just let everything go for a bit. Even if its only for 20-30 minutes, its better than nothing. I know how panic attacks go, im still on meds for them although they have gotten HEAPS better than they were a year ago. They are NOT fun. I was in the same position, being over worked & super stressed. I ended up having to take a medical leave from work because it effected me so badly. You dont want to get to that point.

Maybe go out with some friends for the evening, just hanging out. Get your mind off of things.

Good luck & I hope you feel better soon. Dont worry, when things are feeling there worst they always get better. Just try to stay positive, even though I know that is hard in itself. *hugs*