StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Deodorant Research

• Deodorant Research

Posted by yogabeachbabe on February 4, 2011 at 10:26 am

Hey Everyone! I'm trying to do research for a blog that I'm writing. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion about their deodorant (or if you don't wear any). If you could, please tell me:

1) name/nickname

2) what kind of workout you do (pole, Bikram, Pilates, Yoga, weight lifting, etc)

3) what deodorant you use & type (solid, spray, gel, etc) and how you like it

4) what type of weather you usually experience (dry, humid, seasonal, etc)

Thanks so much!

Oh, just so you know:

1) YogaBeachBabe

2) Pole dancing

3) Erbeviva Sage & Lemon deodorant. It's a liquid spray. I love it, but doesn't have a lot of longevity unfortunately.

4) Used to live in the desert but now live in the mountains. It's fairly dry here.

cheshirekatt replied 13 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • PoleFitMom

February 4, 2011 at 11:31 am

Hi Sasha!

1.) PoleFitMom

2.) Pole, Pole & more Pole – yoga and pilates too  :o)

3.) I use the clinical strength dove or secret – Never had to use it until I had kids, thanks hormones!

4.) I live in Omaha, Ne. We get very cold in the winter and extremely hot in the summer. Humidity is a problem.

How is the studio coming along? What kind of poles are you going to get?

• lucifairy

February 4, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Heyaa https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

1) Lucifairy

2) Pole, fitball, pilates and weight training

3) I use mitchum extra strength, kinda paranoid about smelling lol

4) Wales 🙂 Pretty typical british weather really, temperemental lol

• Runemist34

February 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Awesome!

1: Runemist34

2: Pole, would like to do Poi spinning and yoga

3: Pur (with the little thingy above the U that I can't do typing) Natural Deodorant (from Shoppers Drug mart), it's a solid, and it works pretty good, unless I totally get crazy with the sweating. I switched to this from an anti-perspirant (because I heard they do bad, bad things) and it doesn't work quite as well as the anti-perspirant, but it still works enough to get me through the day!

4: British Columbia, on Vancouver Island. It's humid all the time, usually we have mild weather, but the extremes are coming up more and more.

• marle777

February 4, 2011 at 3:07 pm

1) Marle

2) pole, pilates, ballet, yoga, hip hop + bellydance tribal fusion, hoopdance, poi, double staff

3) I have used everything from secret to mitchum to drysol and it just seemed to irritate my skin a lot so I ditched the aluminum and tried jason brands and they don't work well, tried tom's of maine — no good and finally tried the Thai salt crystal  which dosn't help much unless I combine it with lavender or sage essential oil and water misted on top and rub a lot of the salt on. I do like this combination. I find I do not sweat profusely anymore now that I have allowed my sweat glands to do their lypmhatic job.

Although, I am currently working on my own line of personal care items including a natural deodorant that works "out of the box". I read in a book somewhere the anaology, " Trying to prevent the sweat glands from releasing bodily waste is rather like trying to run a car while blocking its exhaust pipe." https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

4) seasonal, it gets really dry and cold in the winter and really hot and humid in the summer

• cheshirekatt

February 4, 2011 at 4:54 pm

1. Cheshirekatt

2. Yoga, Balletone (ballet fusion toning) Pilates, bellydance and Pole

3. Secret

4.Seasonal weather.