StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Deadlift Elbow Stand Help

• Veena

Administrator
    October 21, 2011 at 8:10 am

LOL it's a real fear to have Emotion, I did come down on my head. Was not hard, just had my arms give out, and was like slowmoition. lol Here is the video https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4ea16a53-21c8-4750-836a-1bdc0ac37250

• emotioncatcher

October 21, 2011 at 8:27 am

seems like it didn´t hurt when you came down as you still smiled afterwards 🙂 that´s good to see!

• HollySatine

October 21, 2011 at 9:05 am

wait – I thought the forearm stand and the elbow stand were the same thing?

• Veena

Administrator
    October 21, 2011 at 9:09 am

If you watched my demo video Holly you would see the difference. There are many names too so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmIciddJyPY&feature=mh_lolz&list=LLup79MtZnWP_SCAHeVlmzdQ

• HollySatine

October 21, 2011 at 9:41 am

Wow I'm dumb.  I had watched the video while I was doing other things and missed the fact that they were different (I'd assumed the elbow stand was a variation of the headstand and didn't notice that it had it's own name).  Thanks!

• Krista Bocko

October 21, 2011 at 10:07 am

wow, Veena! You rock! And I love the huffing and puffing. LOL. That's how I am just doing an elbowstand. hee hee.

Ok, I had a little bit of pole time and tried to remember the suggestions. I still think my elbows are too far apart, but here's 2 short clips:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsiA7kPmA7E&feature=channel_video_title

@polergirl, I loved your video!!  WOW!!

• pole cat diva

June 23, 2015 at 9:15 pm

Hi!! I’m having so much trouble with this. I have this elbow stand straddle up in my class routine and all the ladies in the class can do it except me. 🙁 When I try to walk my legs in and shift my hips over the shoulders, i find that at the same time my elbows will tend to lift off the floor. When i look at my video, i realize my upper back is round instead of straight. Any advise?? Now the only thing i can do is to kick up with one leg or tuck in one knee and push off with the other in order to get my legs up.

• Phoenix Hunter

June 23, 2015 at 9:36 pm

post your video if you can. that would help to figure things out. 🙂

• pole cat diva

June 24, 2015 at 5:13 am
  • Phoenix Hunter

June 24, 2015 at 2:55 pm

pole cat diva, your elbow stand is looking really good. I see a couple of things that might help you during practice. move the mats. I would only put maybe a yoga mat or towel my elbows while I practice. having them under your feet is really making it harder for you. by not having the mats there you may also be able to slide on the front of your platforms. also, dont wrap your hands around the pole. I find that makes it very hard for me to lift my elbow stand. instead have your hands a little bit in front of the pole. this gives you room to lean forward in your lift and once you’ve lifted you can rest your butt against the pole. your elbow stand looks very strong! and it’s already nice and neat. those two things will help get you started toward getting your lift. Veena has made a few elbow stand videos recently that could help you out alot.

• pole cat diva

June 25, 2015 at 7:38 pm

@Phoenix Hunter, thank you for the tips. Yes the mat is really irritating but i put it there just in case i fall over 😀 my major problem now is when i try to shift the weight over the shoulders, my elbows will tend to lift up. I can’t seem to press it down.

• Phoenix Hunter

June 25, 2015 at 9:15 pm

I didnt notice them lifting in the video. maybe I just didnt see that. did you try it with your hands in front of the pole rather than wrapped around the pole? you will need to come in front of the pole a few inches. you can keep your hands in the same position, they just wont have the pole between them. you look like you are very close to lifting cause you look strong in your elbowstand.

• pole cat diva

June 25, 2015 at 9:33 pm

You can see it the first video starting from 15s. u can see me walking in but my elbows were lifting. My hands were in front of the pole. Even my instructor also can’t figure out 🙁

• Phoenix Hunter

June 25, 2015 at 9:37 pm

oh! I cant see the first video, it comes up as an error. that’s why I wasnt seeing what you were talking about. I will check it again and see if the link works.

• Phoenix Hunter

June 25, 2015 at 9:39 pm

yes, it wont let me see the first video for some reason. 🙁

Page 4 of 5