StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Day after first time poling and a Revelation

• Day after first time poling and a Revelation

Posted by DeaconJungleCatPoles on March 18, 2009 at 12:31 am

Happy St. Patty’s Day!!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/alien.gif

Today is the day after my first time poling and I have a few things to get off my chest…

First off, let me reiterate the utter respect I have for every single vertical dancer in the world. Even the most sleaziest, greasiest, stretch marked, bullet holed, stab wounded, bald headed, crooked wig wearing, lip stick on teeth, knock kneed, pigeon toed, cock eyed, no neck havin, pole dancers gets my undying admiration! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_salut.gif

When I decided to partake of pole fitness I knew there were gonna be some challenges. BUT I had no idea of the exact difficulty and skill that it involves. I’ve tried many a things. I’ve ran track, played football, handball, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, done hip hop, latin, modern, african, yoga, pilates, kick boxing, kung fu, karate, jazz, tap, even tried ballet, rock climbing, ice skating, marathon running, row boating, and more! BUT pole dance is by far the most challenging endeavor I’ve ever done!!! You ladies AND gents glide across that pole like you are made of air and you make it look so easy, and while I knew it wasn’t easy, there’s no possible way to fathom the extent of the impact that it has on the psyche until one actually physically put their hand on the pole. Even the beginner moves require a huge amount of skill, technique, study, and practice! I tip my hat and bow to each of you.

At this point in time I’m unable to find the words that can truly express how I feel. There are a lot of emotions running through me. Excitement, Happiness, joy, that I stumbled upon pole fitness and had the priviledge of meeting all of you and being able to join you on the forums and that everyday, pole fitness is spreading wider across party lines. Wonder, awe, and amazement at each of you alls amazing individual talents and skills. Confusion, Anger, frustration on why pole dancing isn’t more wildly acceptable as a multi- culturally diverse and reputable sport, and fought against so heavily to be allowed in the Olympics. Each of you’s mastery of this sport is a true testiment to hard work, perseverance, dedication, and will. I can’t see how anyone could turn their nose up at something so breath-takingly beautiful and health beneficial.

On this momentous day, I am blessed beyond measure. I am thankful for the opportunity to vertical dance. I am thankful to have met each and every one of you. I am thankful for your kindness and support. I am thankful for the priviledge of seeing everyone’s unique and individual expression of this truly fine art. And most of all, I am thankful that I get to learn, share, and grow with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I wish everyone many many years of poling health. I love you all.

Sincerely,

Jungle Cat https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cat.gif

DeaconJungleCatPoles replied 15 years, 4 months ago 9 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies