StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Cross Ankle Release

• Cross Ankle Release

Posted by jeng on March 11, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Last night during class I decided to try the cross ankle release (falling angel thigh hold) and what would you know I got it first try. I struggled for a couple months trying to get the cross knee release so I was so surprised. I actually found it didn’t hurt at all compared the cross knee release. Anyone eles find it easier to do?

I also transitioned into the cresent moon (i think thats what you call it) for the first time too https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Yipee.

Jenn replied 15 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Novadog

March 12, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Hi,

I find the cross ankle release easier than a traditional sit (don’t ask me why). I spent ages trying to do the sit before going onto the release, and then I thought sod it, i’ll just try the cross ankle thing. And I managed it first time. It’s not as graceful as I’d like it to be but that’ll come. If the crecent moon is the wrist sit, then I managed that too, but that was by accident. I tried to get back up the pole but my legs became dislodged. Again, not very graceful but hopefully that’ll come.

Nx

• RoxyPink

March 12, 2009 at 10:35 pm

i FOUND THAT LEARNING THE CKR WAS VERY PAINFUL…BUT ONCE I GOT IT, THE CAR WAS EASY.

• LittleMissLola

March 13, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Both of these moves petrified me for ages, and I’m still not happy with them to tell the truth. The CKR was fine after I realised I wasn’t going to fall on my head and once the pain subsided. The CAR I found much more painful for some reason and steered clear of it for quite a while

• Veena

Administrator
    March 13, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Nice job jeng!! A lot of dancers find the cross Ankle to be a little more intimidating…..but less painful. The trick to a good solid CAR is getting the pole to rest on more than just one part of your thighs. A lot of dancers think you just grip with only the upper part of the thigh but to feel really secure in this move you need to position the pole along the whole inner thigh down to above the knee. In my lessons…I like to teach both the CAR and CNR from the floor first to get proper positioning without the fear of falling then move up a bit higher. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Poledancefan

March 14, 2009 at 11:41 pm

Novadog, I am thinking that what Jeng is referring to as the crescent moon is the inverted move that looks like the bowed part of the bow and arrow. In its most extreme form, the arch, it can develop into a contortionist move with the tops of the legs horizontal and facing upwards and the dancer’s upper body bent almost all the way down, chest facing the ground, head looking backwards.

Joel

• Jenn

March 15, 2009 at 9:58 am

I also transitioned into the cresent moon (i think thats what you call it) for the first time too https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Yipee.

Congratulations Jeng! I could do a CKR way before doing the CLR. I can do the CLR now, but I am afraid to try the crescent moon move. I fell out out of it once when trying, because I lost the grip between my thighs when I pushed up on from my arms after grabbing the pole behind me. Do you have any advice that could possibly help me with that one?