StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Country music

• Country music

Posted by minicoopergrl on February 2, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Im all for choosing music that most people wouldnt think of dancing to. A friend of mine suggested a country song for me to pole to. Has anyone done country before? I dont know if I could get into it, im not big on it in the first place.

minicoopergrl replied 14 years, 5 months ago 11 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • FreeTheSun

February 2, 2010 at 5:52 pm

country’s great to dance to! Of course I’m a little biased since I spent my early formative years in TX, but it is great. Blues-y country is really good too. And most of the new country stuff is esentially a very slightly twanged version of pop so it’s not very different.

• kcfl5

February 2, 2010 at 11:37 pm

I am not a fan of country music either…but there is two songs that are country that I like. I don’t know the names of them.

One of them is about riding a steel horse. I like it and I think of my pole as my steel horse.

• Sabrina

February 2, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I’m not a hug country fan but LOVE Miranda Lambert and Brad Paisly https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif They’re more pop/country

• verucablue

February 3, 2010 at 2:05 am

Not sure if this falls under *true* country…but kinda cuntry alternative/folksy…

The Story by Brandi Carlile is a great song to dance to https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• smokinangel

February 3, 2010 at 2:53 am

Ah, country.

Good little girls – blue county
    Honky tonk badankadonk (sp?) – trace adkins
    bad things – jace everett
    save a horse ride a cowboy or holy water- big and rich
    cowboy casanova – carrie underwood
    our song – taylor swift

… the list goes on, let me know if you want more suggestions =)

• minicoopergrl

February 3, 2010 at 11:18 am

my friend suggested Cowboy Cassnova by Carrie Underwood. I always say I will listen to suggestions, and Ill attempt to tinker with them but if I dont feel it, im not dancing to it.

• RoxyPink

February 3, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I for one love country…and just about everything else…but I personally can’t dance to it. There are many songs that "move" me…just not the kind of moving needed for dancing! lol I always resort back to what I feel comfy dancing to (NIN, TOOL, seether….you get the idea)! I wouldn’t try to force it if you don’t feel it….then it will look to fake and contrived!

• Reyn

February 3, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Big and rich always remind me of country mixed with with rap/pop. When I used to go line-dancing their songs were always the most fun to me – "I played chicken with the train" was a fun one.

• anngiern

February 4, 2010 at 12:46 am

country can be fun…couldnt do it everyday but i like "save a horse ride em cowboy" (climb the pole put that cowboy hat on and ride it!),
    "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"’
    I also like "where have all the cowboys gone" not country but it says cowboy in it! lol!
    I also love "blue jeans blues" by zz top.

• FreeTheSun

February 4, 2010 at 1:13 am

Different Breed by Carter’s Chord is a random but good one I got off itunes for free about a year ago.

• ThisGirlDances

February 22, 2010 at 4:16 pm

hi! just wanted to suggest "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain…I don’t mind dancing to country and this one is one of my favorites https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Xo. -C

• Roadkillgerbil

July 19, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I don’t know if it counts as full-blown ‘Country’, but anything by Christian Kane can be fun to dance to. I particularly like "Whiskey In Mind". Lots and lots of fun.

• minicoopergrl

July 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I had 2 that were do able. Both by the same artist. Miranda Lambert

House that Built Me – very powerful and could be very dramatic

Gunpowder and Lead – I could totally pull this one off as long as I could get the jade. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif Again I could put alot of energy into this one.