StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Corkscrew spin in reverse ?

• Corkscrew spin in reverse ?

Posted by Sarah Brace on May 21, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I’ve been getting a lovely spin pictured in my mind recently, it’s the same position as a corkscrew but travelling in the opposite direction with the upper body first, back arched round the pole & the legs trailing behind.
    I’ve tried a few times but I can’t get much momentum going as there isn’t really a leg swing involved. I think it would only work on spinning pole because of this.
    Is this even possible as a spin? Anyone got any ideas on how to do this? It’s driving me crazy!

Sarah Brace replied 8 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • RobynPoleDancer

May 21, 2015 at 8:25 pm

It was a required element in USPDF either the last year it ran, or the year before that. Not sure what they called it

• RobynPoleDancer

May 21, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Y8KmOEDQI (obviously you don’t need the first part)

• Runemist34

May 21, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Looks similar to a reverse sunwheel spin (I’ve seen it called that somewhere, I think youtube) with just a bit more curve to the back, and extended legs.
    The half spin/swing dip really helps to gain momentum!

• Rachel Osborne

May 21, 2015 at 10:02 pm

I would call that Hollywood spin to Angel spin. You can keep one hand or two on the pole for Angel

• Rachel Osborne

May 21, 2015 at 10:04 pm

No on second viewing it’s Rockstar spin with half piro and into Angel (one arm vari)

• Veena

Administrator
    May 22, 2015 at 12:03 am

The spin into it would be the Flying Fireman if using the lessons here, then pivot into a back hook but keep the legs in from of the body instead of pulling them behind in “hook” 😊

• Sarah Brace

May 22, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Thank you so much everybody! 🙂 I’ve tried it a few times from the spin & getting it better but I’m wondering about the hand grip, I feel safer in baseball grip but I’m really hoping to get brave enough for a split grip behind the back, would this work? Or maybe an elbow grip? It feels really scary!

• PolarGirl

May 22, 2015 at 2:53 pm

The corkscrew spin does have the back arching around the pole even though it’s a forward moving entry. It can be done with a number of leg variations including attitude (aka sun wheel) legs, which is actually most common.

• PolarGirl

May 22, 2015 at 2:55 pm

But yes, this video is a different spin; it does move in the opposite direction. Pretty!

• Sarah Brace

August 12, 2015 at 1:22 pm

https://instagram.com/p/39bn9ilr-s/ I think I may have found it! Thank you to Tropical Verticals link on the Instagram video thread. The leg is in a slightly different position to how I imagined it, but what a lovely spin! 💜