StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Competition Training?

• Competition Training?

Posted by joni1 on May 8, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Hi everyone. Just curious what everyone does for competition training. Do you just mainly train your routine. Do you cross train and do weights? How long do you pole train a week for? How long in advance do one need to prepare a routine and be competition ready

Lucca Valentine replied 10 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

May 8, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I have heard that a good 6 weeks to tweak your routine and get it completely down. You will be poling harder and longer than usual so you do not want to over do it. Last thing you want to do is push past a point where you end up injured and unable to compete. Also new moves should not be put into the routine, it should be stuff that you can consistently get and you just need to work on transitions in and out of and making it “pretty”. Plenty of recovery time, proper sleep and eating is a must.

• Lucca Valentine

May 8, 2014 at 5:26 pm

haven’t personally trained for competition, but I’ve heard the 6 week thing too.

I just read an interview with Felix Cane where they ask her how much she trains and her response is pretty interesting.

“an hour a day training for myself…I trained very hard leading up to the competition BUT then 3 weeks before the competition it would slowly taper down, then 3 days before the competition I trained very lightly, the day before the comp I won’t touch the pole because if you train for at least 2 months before a competition your body and your brain will know what to do when you’re on there, but if you tire it out, it won’t work out so well”

Full interview/article if you want to check it out!:
    http://candy-chrome.co.uk/pole-dance-blog-2/pole-dance-interviews-videos/felix-cane/