StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Competing on the cheap

• Competing on the cheap

Posted by Mindy4pole on July 7, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Hey guys — There has been an explosion of competition recently, it seems.  And, while I like this (I think), I feel intimidated.  It seems like there are as many private coaches and workshops, etc as there are competitions…  We don't have enough moola for regular classes (so I do a lot at home), so paying a lot of extra for competition help is out of the question.  I've had a lot of fun sewing and finding thrift store costumes, but I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage doing this all alone…  Anybody else feel this way?  Any tips on making competing affordable?

Thanks so much!

Mindy

Black Orchid replied 11 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Black Orchid

July 9, 2012 at 9:40 am

I know what you mean, Mindy. ( And BTW it was wonderful to hang with you last weekend!)

Competition is def. a commitment! I'd love to invest more in these private coaching sessions or prep workshops but I really can't. Doing costumes on the cheap isn't that much of burden as is the stress of high entry fees & in the case of going out of town, all the per diem travel costs. I feel guilty asking folks for help with my little dreams.

• Black Orchid

July 9, 2012 at 9:42 am

I meant to say that cheap costuming ISNT as much of a burden as the out of town costs.