StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Coming to join the party!

• Coming to join the party!

Posted by Clinky on August 4, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Hey!!

A little over 3 years ago, I bought myself a lil mynx pole and started spinning, climbing, and inverting my way to becoming a pretty severe pole addict. I taught myself as there is no one teaching lessons in my general area (read: fraught with mistakes, and potential for disaster – hehe). I got to the point that I was able to do a caterpillar, butterfly, pencil, etc….and I invested in an X-pole. I sprained my finger in an only partially related accident, and wound up taking a month off from it all until it healed.

And then, a lot changed in my life. Relationship status, moved, career change…and I didn’t keep up with the pole dancing the way I should have – to the point that right now, I barely have the strength to invert properly.

At the start of the year, a friend of mine was having a birthday party, and asked me if I would bring my pole and teach a few people some basic moves. I did. And we’ve been having monthly pole dancing parties since then. Sometimes we dress up, or put efforts towards dancing, or towards learning new moves just so we have someone to spot us. A couple of my friends have since acquired poles – and now – I’m super passionate again!

My major weakness right now, is that I see where I was before, and I push myself too hard to get back to where I was. Sometimes it discourages me so much that I don’t even want to practice.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

FreeTheSun replied 14 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • yogabeachbabe

August 4, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Welcome to the site and also back to your passion for poling!

• FreeTheSun

August 4, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Welcome back to the world of pole addicts.

I can relate with trying to get back to where you were https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif , not with pole but with synchronized swimming and just competitive swimming. It’s super frustrating, but just keep at it slow and steady so you don’t accidentally injure yourself and get ever more frustrated.