StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Club dancers info

• Club dancers info

Posted by ShonaLancs on September 12, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Just to let anyone of you who dance in strip joints know about an app that has recently come out following uk research. If you search for ‘dancers info’ in the app store it should come up first 🙂

darcit replied 11 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ShonaLancs

September 12, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Bit of info from the app itself
    This resource is the result of a two year research project looking at working conditions in the strip and lap dancing industry, based at the University of Leeds from 2010-2012 by Dr Teela Sanders, Dr Kate Hardy and Rosie Campbell.

This information is written for dancers and mainly by dancers as consulting with women who work in the industry has been at the heart of the research.

• CapFeb

September 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

This is great! I always read reviews for clubs on Yelp before I apply at them, but it won't tell you things from a dancer's perspective (like whether or not the manager is a creep, or if he will hustle you into selling your perscription drugs in his club for a profit. Yeah, seriously, people like this exist and it's a bummer to deal with.) 

Thanks for sharing 🙂

• darcit

September 13, 2012 at 7:29 am

Have you checked out stripperweb.com ? It has reviews on clubs by dancers – which include things like how the management is, how much contact is expected during a dance, how much money the dancers usually make, and how the house dancers are to work with. It also has a forum for dancers to chat, ask questions etc. I look up every club on there before I go and I’ve found the
    reviews to be quite accurate.