StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Cleaning up your routine

• Cleaning up your routine

Posted by joni1 on July 8, 2014 at 9:05 am

Hi everyone, I have my 1st competition in 4 1/2 weeks and I have build up my endurance and am able to get thru my routine now BUT IT IS NOT CLEAN YET. I have been video taping myself each practice run. Was wondering what you guys do to clean up a routine. I can do all my tricks well but my lines are still messy. Any suggestions on how to go about cleaning it up and do you think 4 1/2 weeks will be enough to do so?

SpeedyG replied 9 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    July 8, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Something that might help would be to practice as if every session is your performance. What I mean by this is when you practice, make sure you’re always fully extending, pointing toes, not rushing though movements. This way it’s second nature to do these things.

• pr1nc3ss

July 8, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I like to break down my routine into parts so maybe I will start with the first minute and focus on correcting my lines then I will add the next minute and focus on correcting issues and so on

• SpeedyG

July 9, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I have had same problem, and 4 weeks prior my competition, I practice every week day…..Monday/Wednesday I video my practice( the whole routine) for up to 6-8 times with music loud to get in-zinc while imagining my judges….Tuesday/Thursday, I will practice my floor work,how I walk from and around the pole,stretch good, do my point toes exercises, and I’ll go to the gym for a run ,cardio, and leg workouts…Fridays I might do the whole routine once, or play around with harder tricks not included in my routine( so to not loose ability to do them !). Sat/Sunday I rest,or I might go to the gym for 1 mile run, arms workouts, flexibility stretches, some light workouts…Practice with your costume 2 weeks before competition ( with make-up and all the fixings in your hair), to feel how will fit and look while moving, and to be able to fix it, if need it!!! No matter the outcome, it’s an awesome, fun experience, and you will meet new pole mates!!!Yeayyy 🙂