StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Choreo Angles

• Choreo Angles

Posted by AriFerrari on January 29, 2014 at 8:59 am

As one of my 2014 Goals, yesterday I started photographing a dance for the first time! I have never done pole choreographer, only free dances! So, I’m looking for some tips and a little help on one transition.

First, I’ve been recording my dance and am not paintbrush there are a lot of straight on butt and crotch shots! I mostly have this issue with floor work when coming to the floor from a spin. So, my question, how do you choreograph with the audience’s view in mind? Is it possible when it comes to spins? I’ve always felt like I’m pretty controlled, but is control an issue or is it even possible to land accordingly? Some of my floor work is looking so awkward from the angles I’m catching on camera, you know how some moves have such pretty silhouettes from certain angles. That’s what I want!

Next, in my choreographer I lower into a split, what’s a good way to transition from a split on the floor back up to the pole?

Thanks!

chemgoddess1 replied 10 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • AriFerrari

January 29, 2014 at 9:03 am

My stupid kindle auto corrected the crap out of this post! I *choreographed* not photographed lol And all the choreographers should say choreography!

• polergirl

January 29, 2014 at 9:08 am

I definitely choreograph with care for where the audience is and what they’ll be seeing. If it’s a move that is only particularly pretty with a nice wide crotch shot I make sure I’m on spin pole so at least they don’t get that crotch shot for an extended period of time.

And I know with almost any static pole spin how many rotations I will get. If you start tracking I’ll bet yours are pretty close to the same every time. So I make sure I start in the right spot to finish accordingly.

Floor work is much easier, make sure you build in transitions that maneuver you into the best angles.

• chemgoddess1

January 29, 2014 at 10:59 am

The best I can say is to video from all of the the different angles and just see which looks best and then practice practice hitting the enter point.