StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Chamois for cleaning?

• Chamois for cleaning?

Posted by moonflower on February 25, 2010 at 1:18 am

I bought a piece of chamois at canadian tire today to clean my pole with since it does wonders on other metals. And it does seem to do a good job. But does anyone know if it’s bad for the finish? I own a x pole TG.

moonflower replied 14 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • HunnyHeatha

March 2, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I just use a tea-towel and some Windex on my chrome X-Pole, so I’m not much help!
    But I googled to see what Chamois was, and apparantly it’s just the leather from the Chamois animal (which is like a mountain sheep).
    My only concern would be the oils that would be in it due to the whole tanning process. Unless it is synthetic, then I wouldn’t worry about it. It won’t scratch your pole. It says it’s non-abrasive.

Just FYI, this is what I found on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamois_leather

I think it sounds like a great cloth the wipe your pole with. How much did you pay for it at Canadian Tire?

• litlbit

March 2, 2010 at 9:00 pm

The cloth is the only one used on new cars because it doesn’t scratch the paint. My husband is a car dealer LOL

• moonflower

March 3, 2010 at 1:36 am

It was approx $11 so it’s quite expensive for a cloth, but I figured it’s an one time investment.
    I’m glad it’s non abrasive, really like how clean it gets my pole. I use it slightly damp. It doesn’t do much dry.

• moonflower

March 3, 2010 at 1:37 am

Also, I washed it with dish soap at first to get all the oils out.