StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Ceiling Fan Blues

• Ceiling Fan Blues

Posted by Salfies87 on September 11, 2009 at 12:13 am

Ok..So I have two choices of where to put my X-pole.

1. Living Room
    2. Spare Bedroom

My boyfriend approved of both places, but I would find it awkward if his friends came over to watch football games and a pole is right there. Plus we would be making a lot of adjustments if we put it in the living room…such as moving furniture and TV around (WAY HEAVY!)

The spare bedroom is perfect…however there is a ceiling fan in the dead center of the room. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the blades of the fan? If I take off the blades I think I’ll have enough room to get up higher on the pole without the blades hitting me.

Anyone know how to avoid a ceiling fan? How hard are they to take down?

Bobatini replied 14 years, 10 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Castleoutsider

September 11, 2009 at 12:22 am

LOL i have the same problem =) we have a spare room but there’s a ceiling fan in EVERY room.. so.. we dont use our kitchen table so, thats where i put my pole ^^ I don’t give a shit if people see it. it’s what I do and im proud =) not to mention of course guys are guys and wanna play on it also but i have to warn them because i mean they’re how big and we are in an apartment;; settle down boys. Though sadly I hardly use it because I don’t have my own dance room any more.. i needs my black lights and mirrors;; LOL not how many cats in my way and bad lighting LOL!!

if u live in a house maybe just get rid of it? smaller regular lighting?
    meh if we were in a house id ask robbie to get rid of it LOL

best of luck tho on ur conquest =D

• Mjohnson0911

September 11, 2009 at 12:25 am

My question is have you checked for your joists yet…because sometimes they are not always centered in the room…you’ll have to find those first. As for the ceiling fan…here is a link I found to remove it:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2377885_remove-ceiling-fan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this helps and good luck!

• Salfies87

September 11, 2009 at 1:31 am

Thanks for the info…My boyfriend is leary about removing the ceiling fan…we’re renting a townhouse right now…we can always put it back…=)

• Castleoutsider

September 11, 2009 at 2:18 am

heh yea thats what i was afraid of too lolol; was taking it down but not knowing how to put it back up;; LOL or meh even just take the blades off *shrug*

• Foxy_Rei

September 12, 2009 at 10:10 pm

For the ceiling fan, most fans have very easily removed blades. Look on the upper side of the blade and there are usually screws holding the end of the blade into the arms. It would just be a question of whether or not you can get a screw driver between the fan blades and the ceiling… https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

But yes, do check for where the joists are first.

Also, consider your ceiling height. If the ceilings are kinda low, you may be kicking the fan even if you take the blades off, so perhaps you are better off just taking it down entirely. It’s actually not very difficult – don’t need much more than a screwdriver.

• Kobajo84

September 12, 2009 at 10:31 pm

Make sure if you are doing anything requiring electrical you know exactly what you are doing or have someone you know do it that is familiar with wiring. I wouldn’t attempt removing a ceiling fan on my own because I don’t know much about the electrical aspect. To be on the safe side- Always turn your breakers off and treat the wires as if they are hot at all times- EVEN if they do not have power going to them. Good luck! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif

• Bobatini

September 18, 2009 at 1:10 am

OMG! that is too funny! I just got my pole 2 weeks ago… and was going through the same problem with the freakin’ fans! LOL I convinced my boyfriend to take the blades off his precious fan! So far no problems at all! Just looks funny! Oh well! We’re renting too… so make sure to save all the blades and screws to put it right back up~~> or there goes your deposit! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif good luck!