StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Bruising

• GolgothaTramp

August 9, 2012 at 1:17 am
  • Beckypolegirl

August 9, 2012 at 3:06 am

i bruise very easily on my legs so i know how you feel. Once i have been doing a certain move for a while i dont bruise when doing it but then i learn something new and i am covered again lol i had to explain my bruises to a doctor once which was interesting. Enjoy your pole journey x

• Empty

August 9, 2012 at 9:55 am

So completely normal!
    Heck I have had the same bruise spots and probably can guess how you got them. lol.
    {That dominate climbing leg takes a beating!}

If I don't develop bruises after my classes anymore I literally get sad. {Bruise pride junkie?}
    And lately, after close to 2 months of doing it, I've slowly stopped bruising. If I do they fade faster and aren't as wow. The human body is a amazingly resilient thing.

To be honest, if i had a pole at home i would probably be riddled in bruises cause I'm fair skinned and wouldn't leave my pole alone. lol. My favorite is when all the bruises heal just in time for me to have class again. The circle of bruise life!

• GolgothaTramp

August 9, 2012 at 11:14 am

Yes! That is my climber and I am still very poor at climbing. 🙁

• Dancing Paws

August 9, 2012 at 11:55 am

Totally normal. FYI, you can bruise easier if you are taking NSAID's like asprin, ibuprofen and naproxen…

• monica kay

August 9, 2012 at 6:00 pm

tool me over 6 months to stop bruising when i started poling… i seriously thought something was wrong with me- my legs looked JUST like yours. its normal for hardcore polers!   if i take a break from poling, the bruising comes back but subsides within a couple of days : )

• monica kay

August 9, 2012 at 6:02 pm

when people would ask about my bruises, i'd look at them seriously and say, " I partake in extreme sports…" and punch my fist into my palm.  heh heh

• PlatinumAni

August 9, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Yep I looked like that for at least 6 months. I have always bruised very easily. Happy to say I haven't looked like that in months though lol. I do occasionally still bruise, mainly on new moves, but they fade pretty quickly.

• GolgothaTramp

August 10, 2012 at 12:34 am

Thanks guys, I don’t feel so bad now.

I’m just missing wearing dresses without tights or leggings – at least summer has been nothing to write home about here so I’m not baking! Lol

• Sparklie

August 10, 2012 at 12:54 am

I'm very fair skinned and can bruise if you look at my wrong, but remember a bruise is still an injury. After taking a few courses for my teaching certification I learned how to minimise the possibility of injury (bruising). Now very rarely do I ever bruise. The biggest tips I can give you is make sure you are not jumping into any of your moves, and make sure the right muscles are engaged when doing any tricks or moves. (Ex. When climbing make sure you are engaging in your shoulders, rolling them back and down, before steping into your dominate leg. This will help avoid becoming a foot climber… which I was and had to break the habit, lol)

Hope this helps a little.

• JhennD

August 10, 2012 at 12:54 am

“The first rule of fight club is; we don’t talk about fight club.” I analysis then laugh, “I do pole fitness, different pressure points on the body react differently.” Thats how I took the bruising & anyone’s reaction.
    My bf still is unhappy of pride bruises: “(big smile) this one is from…” He rolls his eyes, and I have to reassure him, at least I’m not into roller derby and purposely fight another.
    I heal myself with epsom salt and pride. Sometimes I forget my multi-vitas and proper hydration. That can do it to me.

• vamp79

August 10, 2012 at 6:46 am

I’m actually taking a two week break from both poling and mountain biking because I am going to a beach resort for a few days and don’t want hubby to look like a wife beater lol. I’m 2 years into poling and still bruise a lot, it has gotten better but I still bruise easier than most of my pole peers. Throw in a bike fall and I look like someone beat me with a stick :D. Hey at least I’m living life doing the things I love 🙂

• Hazelnut

August 10, 2012 at 8:04 am

the worst ones are from teddy's or yoginis (or stag/ballerinas) in the underside of your bicep… honestly i spend most of my time at work fending off questions as i look like someone has grabbed me and left handprints! they get better, once you're better at climbing you'll use less pressure and not bruise at all.

Then you'll start bruising in other places instead as you learn new stuff!

• MelCat

August 10, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Ooh the bicep ones make me laugh.  When I teach corkscrew spins on the static pole I have to try to not chuckle too much th next week when women come in talking about the bruises on their arms 🙂

I knew a lady once who went to the doctor for a physical and had to convince him she wasn't being sexually abused because of the bruises on her inner thighs though https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif  He finally believed she could be getting them from a fitness class when she said it was pole fitness because his wife had been talking about how much she wanted to try it! 🙂