StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Broken Fibula

• Broken Fibula

Posted by akpolegirl on August 3, 2009 at 4:41 am

I was just starting to really get into poling and joined this wonderful site and my business (pole parties) was going well…and BAM! I fell down the stairs and broke my left leg’s fibula. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cry.gif

I went in for surgery last Monday. I have a plate and several screws holding my fibula together. Tomorrow I see the doctor to be fitted for a cast. I am SO sad. I don’t know when I’ll be able to swing around the pole yet since every time I get up my foot gets very swollen and purple (blood pooling I suppose?).

It was funny, in the hospital I made sure I told everyone about my poling and my business. I didn’t get any strange looks or closed-minded people. They all thought it was very cool!

I’m looking forward to dancing again and hope I don’t have to wait too many months to get back into routine.

Meanwhile…can anyone offer me tips on what types of arm exercises (sitting down) I can do to keep up my strength (besides using crutches ha ha).

azriel replied 14 years, 12 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies