StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Brass or powder coated pole?

• Brass or powder coated pole?

Posted by janicehi on June 18, 2016 at 6:47 am

I have been reading the recent posts with interest on the different types of poles, and I’ve narrowed down my choices to brass or powder coated – please help me decide!

Background: I have a 45mm chrome at home. I live in Vancouver – dry hot summer and cold damp winter. My hands get really sweaty even with light exercises …especially during summer time, and I hate not being able to pole for long even with grip aids due to being excessively sweaty. But at the same time, I still want to be able to slide when needed – would powder coat be too grippy for sliding? I’ve never tried powder coat. I did try brass at my studio and I do like it better than my chrome. Thanks in advance for any advice!

janicehi replied 7 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm

I use both finishes and Powder coated isn’t ideal for sweat, it becomes slick if you tend to be a warmer dancer. Brass works best for me if I get hot and sweaty, but it’s rough to grip of I’m cold and dry. Hope that helps! 😊 I prefer PC but I don’t sweat much.

• janicehi

June 18, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Veena, thanks so much for your input! Greatly appreciate it! Is it true that you only sell chrome poles atm? I didn’t see other options in your “shop”

• Veena

Administrator
    June 18, 2016 at 6:35 pm

We can fulfill your order for a different finish. You’ll just need to contact us with what you want and we’ll send you an invoice. 😊

• NikiGoRound

June 19, 2016 at 2:33 am

Hi :). I had a powder-coated pole and I hated it. I always slide on chrome because I’m either too dry or too sweaty. I have to dry my hands after every grip. But the PC pole was so grippy, I couldn’t do spins! And I still slipped in my sweat :(. Stainless was my fave, but I’ve never tried brass. Good luck, and please do update on how the pole you chose works for you!

• janicehi

June 19, 2016 at 3:04 am

Thanks for sharing your experience, Niki! To be honest, I find it strange to hear that PC is too grippy but yet you still slip in your sweat. So like veena said, pc is grippy when dry but slippery when wet? That’s really no help in my case then cos I have sweaty hands 🙁 if I have dry hands, I actually don’t mind my chrome…