StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Bow and Arrow

• Bow and Arrow

Posted by luvlee on January 28, 2010 at 2:47 am

I think it’s called the bow and arrow. Where you get into a CKR then release your legs and hang on w one then bring the other one in front of you. Well I have been poling for 15 months now and I just tried that move. I can do the CKR. I have done that one since day one…. however, the letting go and extending the leg. That is another story. I rolled back and almost broke my neck even w a mat!!!!! Any tips would be appreciated. I am ok too by the way! LOL!!!

luvlee replied 14 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

January 28, 2010 at 3:01 am

Can you do an iguana mount or a pencil? I have not been able to do this with the split grip (one by head, one by butt) mainly due to shoulder inflexibility but I can do it using the iguana/pencil hold.

• luvlee

January 28, 2010 at 3:28 am

I was using the baseball grip under the tushy hold. I have not tried the pencil or iguana mount yet. I kind of got a little scared after I got hurt. I think it may be just a sliding issue. Not sure.

• Mindy4pole

January 29, 2010 at 6:41 am

Can you do a crossed ankle release? That’s how I get into Bow and Arrow. Then I can just lock my foot around the pole, and it does most of the work of holding me up, so my hands aren’t having to do so much gripping.

A tip Veena gave me when I was trying to do broken pencil was to try it with a rubber kitchen glove. It works GREAT! I posted a video of me trying it. Check it out in my profile. But watch out, the glove might pull YOUR pants down too! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Mindy

• luvlee

January 29, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Wow. Thanks! That is a good idea! I can do a car and will try it that way WITH a spotter when I feel better. THANKS!!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif