StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Beautiful Leg Lines and a Happy Low Back? Yes!

• Beautiful Leg Lines and a Happy Low Back? Yes!

Posted by Veena on September 21, 2023 at 11:58 pm

I don’t know if you all knew this, but I had a pretty severe back injury last fall (November) and it took me out for months. After the acute back/hip pain that happened when washing my dog improved, I ended up with sciatic nerve pain like I’ve never had before. I honestly thought I might never be able to dance again.

The injury wasn’t from pole dancing (not directly), in fact it’s something I’ve struggled with off and on for as long as I can remember, though it got much worse after having kids. The pain would come and go, but never to the extent I experienced last fall. I’ve always had loosey goosey hips, this might sound like a positive thing, but my hips were flexible but not strong enough to support the demands I put on them. I had been so excited to get back to lifting weights and dancing after my broken toes (not pole related) I skipped training the small muscle groups in the gym or at home and only focused on stretching! I’m a great teacher, but I’m a terrible student, and I try to practice what I preach, but no one is perfect.

I’m not sure if it was because I had been so sedentary during my toe issues and my time off the pole and training before that or my age, but my body revolted and said. “Hey, you gotta pay attention to your hips!” Soooooo I got to work doing research and made a strength building routine for myself that also allows me to keep my flexibility!

Now you all have the opportunity to improve your low back, hips, and pelvis, too!

This routine is a live lesson, meaning I do the workout along with you. It’s 30 minutes long and really think you’ll love it. This is NOT a total beginner workout, so keep that in mind. If you’d like to improve lines for tricks like Chopstix, Jade, Attitude/pinwheel Legs, Chopper Inverts, Floating Straddles both upright and inverted, Standing Splits, Orion and more. Click here https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/650cc7b0-1f50-46a0-8435-5ce8ac110002 to watch now 💜

HoppinAriel replied 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • HoppinAriel

October 5, 2023 at 2:38 pm

Hey V! So sorry to hear! I went through sciatica myself 11 years ago so I understand that fear that we might not dance again. I am so happy you took care of your self and even worked on getting stronger! I was wondering where you’ve been since I haven’t seen you on social media.

All the love,
    Sahrit ❤️❤️❤️

• Veena

Administrator
    October 5, 2023 at 2:42 pm

My IG was hacked last year the night before my birthday so I had to start a new account. You can follow me again if you like it’s @studioveena_com on IG

I’m so happy to hear from you! Stay tuned, big things are happening on SV!

• HoppinAriel

October 6, 2023 at 11:46 am

Glad you are still doing all the faboulus stuff you do! Love you my friend!! 🙌🏽💕💕