StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Batwing Help!

• Batwing Help!

Posted by AriFerrari on January 20, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Any tips on this move?

I am going from Scorpio, looping my arm between my thigh and turning my chest out to hook my bottom arm. I can get into position but the biggest issue is the pain! My inner elbow BURNS! I usually don't whine about the surface burn because I know it gets better with time on pretty much all contact points but I'm used to the elbow grip Ayesha and this is still killing me to the point where I don't feel like my top arm can bear the weight when I let go!

Is there a sweet spot I'm missing?

Thanks ladies!

Cherished replied 11 years, 3 months ago 9 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • glitterhips

January 20, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I can’t actually do this but maybe your back should take more of the weight? Becca buck -I think pokeyd on here can do it maybe she can help ya!

• RikkiL

January 20, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I do much better at evaluating a situation and troubleshooting if I can actually see what's going on but here's what I'm thinking….

Make sure you are not hanging by that top elbow.  There should be an even push/pull between your elbows and back.

• BeccaBuck

January 20, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I don't think you're missing anything, it just needs to be in your elbow pits. it is much more intense than an ayesha, so i'm thinking you just need to give it time to build up a tolerance for it. When i was first learning it, i thought my elbow was already toughened up enough, but i was wrong! I spent a couple weeks doing all kinds of intense elbow holds and spins to build up the strength and pain tolerance for it. I think a good intermediary step, before batwing, is getting a solid elbow grip allegra on both sides.  i think you should just give it more time! If you're unsure about your technique, upload a video so we can see you getting into it.

Good luck!!

• Black Orchid

January 23, 2013 at 1:12 am

I'm still playing with a nice entry and exit. And everything in between ha ha. I kind of have the move but it is giving me a massive hematoma on my bottom fore-arm…I think thta means I'm not doing it quite correctly. I'll get a video up here sometime soon for help.

• sonicXplosion

January 23, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Hi AriFerrari, to help you become used to the pull on your elbows, grab your inner thighs with both hands. This will help to stabilise you as well as lock your core and provide further support to your elbows. I've posted a clip of Billie Brooklyn at 0:33 doing just this. If you can grab more of your thigh then the more help this will be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iER4BZujUI Once you've mastered this, you'll be strong enough to move your hands behind your back. Please keep us all updated on your progress. SonicX xx

• moonflower

January 23, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I've been strugglign with this move for ages! I'll try pulling at my thighs.

Is it normal to leave a druggie like bruise on my elbow pits?

• AriFerrari

January 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I will work on elbow grips for tolerance and try the variation in the YT video with holding onto the thighs. Perhaps I do need to work more on involving my back though, where should the pole rest on the back?
    I’ll keep working at it. Thanks again!

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

February 7, 2013 at 7:21 am

I can’t even get to the point where I would be able to hook my elbow… I find it really painful on my back to get j to position! My back is flexy enough and I can do an Allegra without back pain… Any ideas?

• BeccaBuck

February 7, 2013 at 8:05 am

How are you trying to get into it? Can you upload a video on here or YouTube? It’s hard to help without seeing

• Cherished

February 7, 2013 at 10:32 am

I just saw this tutorial for the batwing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoJGrpMbUB4