StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Battle of the Studios

• Battle of the Studios

Posted by minicoopergrl on May 24, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Maybe its my semi-sleepy brain working. But I had an idea while watching the group performances yesterday at Pole Convention. I was thinking about putting together a Studio competition between other studios, very Battle of the Bands style. I think it would be a fab idea. My problem is im not sure where to get started. I figured to pick a few dates and look around for a place to hold the event, then secure a way to get poles and then invite studios.

I think this would be great if I get the right help. Anyone interested in helping? I do have some outside sources I might be able to rely on as well.

minicoopergrl replied 14 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • minicoopergrl

May 27, 2010 at 11:48 am

so I decided to go ahead and do it. Im excited and nervous all at the same time. Right now I have a month picked out – October but no date yet. I chose Oct b/c its Breast Cancer Awareness month (something very close to me) and I want to donate a portion of the proceeds to either Susan G. Komen or the Mary Kay Ash Chairitble Foundation (they help fund for research for breast cancer and help fight domestic violence). right now I need to decide on a venue. My initial instinct is to do an auditorium, my only worry is that I may get shot down a few times from places simply because of thier view of pole dancing. Also it would provide room for group performances.

I might be relying on alot of folks for help (it may be as little as a google search or helping set up). Im pulling all the connections ive got out for this one (im connected like Tetris in some places). I may be posting questions just to get a poll going on. If you would like to help out (emails, sponoring, helping me find sponsors) please pm me.

Also if your a studio owner in the MD, DC, NOVA area and want to particpate, please let me know!

• earthpanther

May 27, 2010 at 1:21 pm

That sounds really exciting!!! Please keep us all posted on how everything is going with planning and of course how the event turns out. I wish there were more opportunities to showcase/compete in pole dancing. Maybe I’ll just have to set up my own event like you are doing. Good luck!!!

• AnjilsBaby

May 27, 2010 at 2:31 pm

mini you know im in to help out! just let me know what you need me to do https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Charley

May 28, 2010 at 5:04 am

Intersting….We have a huge October event happening here and we were thinking about doing a pole comp – except I don’t want my studio putting it on because I want to compete in it…so maybe somehow we could tie in with you.

• minicoopergrl

May 28, 2010 at 10:24 am

Intersting….We have a huge October event happening here and we were thinking about doing a pole comp – except I don’t want my studio putting it on because I want to compete in it…so maybe somehow we could tie in with you.

Im listening!!! just let me know.

As of right now Ive emailed a few auditoriums/theaters in the DC, MD, VA area. MD Hall for Creative arts so far is the best price and holds almost 800 people. The Stratmore can hold almost 2000 people. So if anyone else can think of any other places, let me know or email them.