StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Bad reaction to Tite Grip?

• Bad reaction to Tite Grip?

Posted by Sassafrassle on November 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has had a skin reaction to Tite Grip when they started using it? I started with the grip a few weeks ago and now I have a rash around both ankles, especially on my main climbing ankle, as well as in the skin between my fingers. It seems a bit out-of-proportion with the amount and frequency of my use of it so was just trying to find out if anyone else has experienced similar or if maybe I should be searching elsewhere for a source (although that's the only new thing I've started using lately!)? Thanks in advance Veeners:)

Sassafrassle replied 12 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • amy

November 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Sassafrassle, I'm really sorry to hear that! you're using tite grip on your ankles? 

is this the new tite grip lavendar scented formula?

i've never heard of any skin reactions from it, but the new formula did just come out recently; all my experience with it hs been the original pink formula.

• Sassafrassle

November 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I'm sorry about it too Amy 'cos I've been loving me some sweet success with using Tite Grip! I haven't been using it on my ankles but I tend to rub my hands up and down the pole after I've applied grip to them(I do the same when I have Mighty Grip on my hands, which I've been using for way longer) to add a bit more tackiness and so I thought that it may be my ankles contacting the pole when I climb that was doing it. I have no idea why it would only affect a small area on my hands but a large area on my ankles, which is why I'm not entirely convinced it's the Tite Grip (which is why I thought I'd see if it had happened to anyone else therefore is a feasible possibility), but I'm not sure what else it could be in those specific areas. I've only been using the pink original stuff.

• amy

November 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm

is your studio using a new pole cleaner, or anything applied ot the poles? is it affecting any of your other contact poitns?

• Sassafrassle

November 17, 2011 at 2:06 am

I don't think either of the studios I go to have been using a new cleaner but I should probs check. We don't have quite the ease of access to other applying products that other countries do so I don't think that will be it. It is a bit weird that it's mostly affecting my ankles and not any other points other than hands (eg thighs or inner arms) but I just can't think what else it could be if it's not the grip. I was trying to go without using it for a while, just to be sure and I'd made it from last Fri till today but we had an expected workshop with some of the awesome Aussie girls who are over to perform on the weekend and I needed the grip. If noone else has had probs with it though, it's probably not the grip I'm thinking…