StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anyone up for doing Veena’s 30 day programme?

• Cazzzz

October 16, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Go,’bunny. Go,’bunny. Woo hoo!

• Cazzzz

October 17, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Completed Day 26 & 27. It wasn’t my strongest day, but I attempted everything at least 2-3 times. …just stay focused on what I CAN do…

• dustbunny

October 18, 2014 at 12:11 am

Thanks ladies! I took a rest day today and just did a little foam rolling. I also began planning a weekly workout routine that includes 2 days for strength conditioning, 2 days for flexibility, 2 days for cardio, and 1 rest day. It sounds like a lot but I’m alternating upper and lower body focus each day. Also none of these should take even an hour, i need to keep it reasonable or i won’t do it. And this is just a starting point, I will adjust as need be when my body tells me it’s too much or not enough.

• Club Dynasty

October 23, 2014 at 1:02 am

K ladies, I haven’t seen any action on the thread in a few days, so here goes: I’ve finished Day 22 of both programs. The ab challenge has really increased in intensity, but the 30 day take off is transitioning to pole dancing, which really feels like a reward after the hard work of the first couple of weeks. I am happy to say that I can now do a straight leg invert, after despairing of NEVER being able to do that. I’ve been doing straight leg V raises instead of knee tucks; with that and the hip flexor conditioning, i’ve been able to do it. SO. HAPPY. It’s really great that TropicalPole started this thread to encourage us to return to the basics. It’s so easy to lose sight of the fundamentals in the quest for acquiring exotic tricks, when so much stems from the fundamentals.

• Eden Body

October 23, 2014 at 7:41 am

Yeah I’ve been MIA for a few days. When I’m menstrual I just don’t feel like doing anything:-/
    Back at it today though.

• Eden Body

October 23, 2014 at 10:48 am

Just tried to do Day 15 of the 30 day take off and…….*sigh* I feel sooo defeated. Iv’e lost so much strength and energy over the past week:( I luv this dance so much but sometimes I Just feel like I’m never gonna get anywhere in pole…I’ll keep trying though.
    I remember Veena saying “Focus on what you CAN do instead of focusing on what you can’t do”

• Cazzzz

October 23, 2014 at 11:14 am

I’m not dead yet! I have finished days 28 & 29 of the ab challenge. I swear I’m going to finish the ab challenge and the Start Challenge. Yep, I’m in true form, i.e., I’m fast and furious out of the gate and then I s l o w, creep, grab for the finish. I think I heard T. Harv Ecker say “How you do anything is how you do everything.”
    What I have left to do is day 30 of the ab challenge and days 28, 29, 30 of the start challenge.
    I declare that:
    I will complete day 30 of the ab challenge and day 28 of the start challenge today (10/23/14);
    I will complete day 29 of the start challenge tomorrow (10/24/14);
    I will complete day 30 of the start challenge on 10/28/14.
    There. I have my word at stake and a clear, realistic plan. Success is mine. I CAN do this (and so can you, damn it). 😀

• Cazzzz

October 23, 2014 at 11:31 am

@ Wild Lotus: You absolutely must FOCUS on what you can do. What you focus on is what magnifies. Our brains / psyches are going to dwell on something no matter what. What it dwells on is within our control. We consciously CHOOSE what to dwell on all the time. Simply dwell on what you CAN do, then simply do it.

• Eden Body

October 23, 2014 at 12:11 pm

YES! This is the absolute truth. Thanks so much Cazzzz! I WILL keep pushing through. One things for certain…If I keep practicing, I can’t get any worse lol, only better:) You guys are awesome♡

• Cazzzz

October 23, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Day 30 of the ab challenge – BAM!
    Day 28 of the start challenge done.

• dustbunny

October 24, 2014 at 9:08 am

Yay Cazz! You finished the abs. And only 2? More days to go on the take off. You’re so close, I know you can finish this. 😆

• Cazzzz

October 24, 2014 at 10:05 am

Question: What is a “V sit?”
    I revisited the ab challenge ‘calendar’ to write it down in my notebook and I see that there is a “v sit” added to it that I believe was no there when I wrote it down about a month ago.
    Is a “v sit” going from supine position to hip flexion with the upper and lower body shaped in a ‘v?’
    I didn’t find it using the search field and I don’t see it in the youtube video of the ab challenge exercises. Am I missing something?

• I polekat I

October 24, 2014 at 10:10 am

i’m sure i remember Veena mentioning this a while back, i think V sit was in there originally but then she changed it out for another move =)
    [typically can’t remember which one of course !! =P ]

• Cazzzz

October 24, 2014 at 10:19 am

I think she must have changed v-sit out for leg lifts.

• I polekat I

October 24, 2014 at 10:23 am

Yes!! I’m sure that’s it =)

Page 16 of 17