StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anyone else been contacted by this person?

• Anyone else been contacted by this person?

Posted by Charley on May 18, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I know a lot of Veeners are on FB and I have been repeatedly contacted by an FB user by the name of "Fleur Impression" who says she owns/runs a website called http://www.danceever.com and has asked me to join.  It says she is from Australia however her english is very broken (she could be from elsewhere in the world and relocated – no judgement.)  I am having a hard time understanding why she is asking me to join.  I went to the site and it's just videos of dancers.  Our very own JAK's vidoes are that site and I am not sure if she allowed this or they were stolen.  Does anyone have any more information about this person or site?  

I'm just unsure of what she's asking and why I would be interested, but like I said, we have a language barrier.  So if anyone has info please share!  ðŸ™‚  Thanks!

CrazyKosters replied 11 years ago 7 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Charley

May 18, 2013 at 1:11 pm

This was her initial message to me.  I'm not assuming there is any funny business just not really sure what the story is.

"

hello

u dancer
    we are looking dancer
    http://www.dancever.com/
    I'm dancever.com project manager
    I'm want u dance clip video sharing"

• kaygee10

May 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm

well…maybe im wrong, but i for one have been told that im a person that has too much faith in humanity that ppl will always do the right thing. but maybe this women (im assuming is a woman) is genuinely interested in pole dancing herself. maybe she has seen a few of your videos and thought you were talented. to be honest if you post anything of yours on the internet ppl will see and might want to use it. nothing on the the internet is really private. but maybe you should message this person. her English might not even be broken, she might just speak in a strong Australian dialect,

• kaygee10

May 18, 2013 at 1:21 pm

i just checked out the website…eh. but i wasnt able to veiw the videos but it looked like quite a bit. but who ever it is, i dont think theyre intentions are bad. just a bunch of videos of really good choreographed peices it seems like

• Mary Ellyn

May 18, 2013 at 1:33 pm

What does she mean by "join"? Is there a fee? Are you suppose to agree to post/share your videos?

• SpyralBound

May 18, 2013 at 3:44 pm

I would proceed with caution if I were you. I am a trusting person as well but this sends up my red flags. My first thought would be, who knows what they would do with your video once they had it? Sell it, publish it, take credit for it? What other information would they ask you to submit? 

Did a tiny bit of internet digging – the Facebook page for Dancever has only existed since December 2012 and says it's based in the UK. The domain name was purchased from GoDaddy.com through a company called DomainByProxy out of Scottsdale, AZ, which seems to pride itself on keeping the domain owner's identity secret. There are SO many easy one-step ways to buy a legit domain (hell, just go to GoDaddy and buy it!), I find it hard to believe any casual first-time website maker (judging by the quality of the site itself) would take the extra step to hide their identity unless there was a reason. 

Something seems rotten here. I'd think you can safely ignore the FB message. 

• Lyme Lyte

May 18, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Check with PIXI on this site….she was contacted by a similar resource and I think she got information and it was a bit fishy. I almost think they offered her money to use her videos…..

• Charley

May 18, 2013 at 9:31 pm

WOW!  thank you Pankake!  That's a lot of digging.  It seems much fishier than before.  I believe she also offered money for posting videos but I wasn't sure what she was talking about.  Thanks everyone.

• calipolepixie

May 18, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I was contacted too by this person on FB & I didn’t understand her too well but befriended her because she said she poled too. Eventually she asked me to do web cam shows for $$$ & not poling web cam shows but sex ones. She FB messaged me several times begging me to join her site & post vids. Then eventually, I told her please do not contact me anymore & unfriended her on FB. I honestly think its a dude running a scam. Stay Away.

• SpyralBound

May 18, 2013 at 10:13 pm

If you are ever curious about a website, whois.com lets you look up the information about who owns it and who it was purchased from. Good resource to know about. 

And anyone who has been contacted, or would just like to avoid being contacted, you can block that FB user account from seeing you *at all.* Go to her page (just search from the top bar) and on her cover photo, click the little gear icon and hit Report/Block. (Up to you if you want to report her.) 

Stay safe out there, Veeners! 

• CrazyKosters

May 19, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Yeah that sounds fishy..Especially after what calipolepixie said..Creepy!