StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Am I a knee pit weirdo?

• Am I a knee pit weirdo?

Posted by Sassafrassle on February 9, 2011 at 1:18 pm

So I am fine doing some knee pit moves – the upside down ones (brass monkey, gemini, scorpio) and regular knee holds but whenever I try the cupid or any or the on-the-pole split moves, I just can’t get the positioning at all because my upper knee ends up sliding too high so I can’t push my hips through to get my body stable. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it? It’s irritating me a bit because I don’t understand how I can do a knee hold and still not be able to hook my upper leg properly for the other things!!

Also, I’m fine doing the star because that doesn’t really involve the same positioning of the knee.

Sassafrassle replied 13 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • UTpoler

February 10, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Are you thrusting your hips forward?  When I was learning these moves if I had any bend in my hip then I would slide.  I have to really push my hips forward to lock the knee in tight. 

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Hmmmm do you have a vid we could see of you trying? Sometimes the angle of the calf needs to change. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• Sassafrassle

February 15, 2011 at 3:00 am

UT, the position of my upper leg prevents me pushing through with my hips properly but I don’t know how to fix it:(

Veena, I wish I had vid capability – would make getting advice much easier! I might just need to go back to your pole split lessons and try and figure out where my calf should be:/