StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Adam Jay photoshoot.. solo or share? I’m stuck!

• Adam Jay photoshoot.. solo or share? I’m stuck!

Posted by Shellectra on March 8, 2012 at 3:40 am

Hello! I havea  photoshoot with Adam Jay in a week!! I am so excited! however I am a bit stuck on deciding on something… the studio where I booked said you can do 2 hours solo with him, or share with 1 or 2 others.  They made it sound like you SHOULD share to let everyone have a chance to see him, so I felt bad going solo and said I can share with another person if they come up.  So far no one's in my time slot with me yet, and I kinda want to have 2 hours solo with him.

I've never done a shoot before, is 2 hours too long on my own to hold poses? The studio made it sound like it was lol.  I would rather get as many shots as I can on my own, but they made me feel bad not sharing! But I think I want to ring up and upgrade to the solo only 2 hours, ahhh what to do, what would you do? 

Also if you have had a AJ shoot before, was it fun?? Is he helpful with poses and stuff?

azblanco replied 12 years, 2 months ago 8 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Cherished

March 8, 2012 at 5:00 am

You should totally do it how you want and I definitely don't see any reason to feel bad about that.  It's your time and money. The studio should not have had the option of doing solos if they didn't want anyone to do the shoot that way. Also since it's 2 hours you can probably change outfits and hair if things seem to be to repetitive but you never know if time will just fly.

• Shellectra

March 8, 2012 at 5:07 am

Very true! I think I'll try to go solo 🙂 

• minicoopergrl

March 8, 2012 at 6:18 am

Adam Jay is probably one of the best photographers to work with.  I havent worked with him but I have seen his work and were FB friends and follow each other on Twitter.  My friends said hes really cool to work with and really understands pole dancers and posing.  He will make you have fun doing it.  He seems so cool! The pics he did of Lou Landers are amazing!!

Most shoots ive done,  you only get a 15min time slot.  But they werent pole shoots either.  In 15min I got about 100 pics done.  But its very fast in that 15min.  With the 2hrs you can relax and not feel like you have to get the move right the first time so you can get the pic. 

• Veena

Administrator
    March 8, 2012 at 7:27 am

Adam does a great job. Because he was a pole dancer and instructor himself, he's able to direct you. We've worked together he's so funny. I think you could get some great shots by sharing the 2 hrs, but if you have a choice and want the 2 then go for it!!

• Danielle Tillie

March 8, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I don’t have any experience with the great Adam Jay himself, but I’ve done a few photoshoots. With a two hour slot you do set yourself up for a more relaxed shoot and that’ll probably make holding the poses a bit easier. It also allows time to make outfit, hair, and makeup changes. If you do share with someone though, you’ll be making those changes while the other dancer is under the lens, so it would work out with some extra logistics. It depends on if you want to deal with that or not. Don’t let the studio make you feel bad, it is a personal choice. Photoshoots are very personal and intimate for some people because you’re putting yourself out there on display. Do what makes you feel comfortable and make no apologies! Most of all, have fun!!! 😀

• Liani K

March 9, 2012 at 7:31 am

I did a photo shoot with Adam Jay last month. He really is easy to work with. I chose to share a time slot with two other woman and ended up with about 45 mins of solo time. Some really great pics were taken. Someone suggested that I make a list of the pole moves that I want to be captured performing and bring it with me. I'm so glad that I did because I would have forgotten a lot of them. Which ever option you choose, you're going to have a blast. AJ is very good at making you feel at ease. He's so funny. 🙂

• Sair

March 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

That's a longgggg time slot! wow! 🙂

Good for you! Regardless if you share or not you'll end up with some great shots. He seems like a fabulous photographer.

The photoshoots at the studio i go to are 20-30 minutes per person and from those 20 minutes, our photog. passes along disks to us that contain about 115-130 shots per shoot.

I can only imagine how many awesome pics you'll get! 🙂

• Sair

March 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm

oh oh and Yuisa is so right! make a list of moves! sometimes when you're put on the spot you forget everything but your name 😉

• Shellectra

March 9, 2012 at 7:15 pm

The studio called me up and asked if I wanted to upgrade to 2 hours solo with him so I did yay!! I hve a list of poses and have been practicing lots and removing the ones I don’t like, i’m a bit too organized lol! I’m so excited!!

• Shellectra

March 9, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I got sparkly silver sequin booty bottoms off Ebay and a purple dressy crop top and pleaser heels, i’m ready! Lol

• azblanco

March 9, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see some of the pics! I know they will come out beautiful! Don't feel bad- if no one at the studio is actually paying for it, then there should be no complaints!

Good luck! =) =)