StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions A QUESTION ABOUT VIDEOS

• A QUESTION ABOUT VIDEOS

Posted by Sinner on July 29, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Hey everyone https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I have a little question about uploading videos – I’m a "pro" at using WMM, but those files seem to be impossible to upload to StudioVeena? Is there some video editing-thing I can download for free, where the videos I edit is possible to upload to StudioVeena, Youtube etc.?

– Sinner

Webmaster replied 15 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • PoleDancingKAT

July 30, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I had the same problem and I went into chat room one night hoping someone could help me with it. Luckily, I found JayFo online and she was so helpful. I have WMM too, the file was too large so all I had to do was compress it to about 38. How to do this? When you’re complete with editing your video you need to click into "Publish Movie" and then select "This computer" for the "Where do you want to publish your movie" question in the next step. Then click on next and browse to the file directory you’d like to save it under. I always save it under "video." Click next, and this is where you compress the file. You should now be in the "Choose the settings for your movie" which allows you to determine the quality and file size of your video. Click the second bullet point titled "Compress to:" and decrease the file size to 38, I’ve never tried anything larger than that since JayFo mentioned her files were all about that size and they’ve downloaded just fine. Make sure you select the file that is in wmv format. For example, "filename.wmv" …not the file in the mswmm format, such as "filename.mswmm"…I hope this helps https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Webmaster

Administrator
    July 30, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Generally any video under 250MB is now accepted. What is generally the problem is that WMM files are very likely to include random escape characters that will break an upload. Compressing the video will usually remove these problematic characters and allow things to work.