StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 8 ft pole cause problems? 14ft pole husband not like idea

• 8 ft pole cause problems? 14ft pole husband not like idea

Posted by velvetvixen on October 4, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Hello. I have two rooms I could put a pole in- one has 8ft ceilings the other has 12-14ft VAULTED ceilings (depending on where place pole.) My husband doesn’t want to put up a 14 foot pole b/c the room was added on to the original house and we honestly don’t know how good of a job the people did b/c they did some other "renovations" that wasn’t done right. So he is afraid the pole could cause problems to the structure. B/c it is vaulted you cant go in the attic and check out what kind of job they did.

1. I was wondering if the 8ft pole would cause issues with learning tricks and such or is it really not an issue? In other words will I be limited?

2. Should I try to convince him to put in a 14 ft pole? Any ideas on how to do that…?

Thanks for your help!

FreeTheSun replied 14 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • FreeTheSun

October 4, 2009 at 10:09 pm

8ft won’t limit you unless your doing a ton of combo "falling" (I can’t think of a better description) moves. My pole can only be 7ft 10 inches. Although a 12-14 ft pole would be awesome! But either would be fine.

• velvetvixen

October 6, 2009 at 9:00 pm

FreeTheSun-
    Thanks for the info! My husband and I talked and decided to do the 8 ft one first and if I’m really really into pole dancing and want a bigger pole, he said I could sell the x-pole one and get a taller one later. Then he would go to all the effort to figuring out how to do the tall one at that point. So I’m not "stuck" with the one if I end up not liking it, though it may just be fine for me. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif I cant wait to get a pole!

• cbr600girl

October 6, 2009 at 9:41 pm

8 ft pole is fine, but yes a 14 ft pole would be awesome. My pole is 12 ft and I use it in my living room which has vaulted ceilings. Why can’t your husband access the attic area? My fiance had to access our living room to install a ceiling fan and some can lights?!? usually you have to have access to that area in order to get to/install electical and such.

• velvetvixen

October 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I’m not sure our house is typical but there is no attic. The only way to get in there is to take the drywall ceiling itself down and right behind it is insulation and the roof beams. Perhaps they designed it stupid or it could be considered an finished attic in a way? Anyway he questions the whole room b/c they did a crappy job where you can see things so who knows what they did "behind the scenes." Luckily the rest of our house is the original and was worth getting.

Out of curiosity, what pole did you get for your vaulted ceiling?

• cbr600girl

October 6, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Aww I see. People should always hire contractors! Before I bought my house a year ago I saw alot of houses that were in really bad shape. Johnny homeowner sued bandaid after bandaid instead of doing it correctly. I have a Lil Mynx stainless steel pole with static/spin mode. I love it. It requires no tools to take off and put up when you need to! Plus it was the only pole that you could buy a vaulted ceiling mount with!

• FreeTheSun

October 7, 2009 at 12:50 am

Yay for getting a pole soon! Hope you enjoy it. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif