StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 50 + pole dancers

• Sarahb69

June 16, 2019 at 8:55 pm

If the only way to learn pole had been through routines, I would have been done after the first class. I never could follow choreo, even when young. I certainly wouldn’t have been able to teach. I was always the oldest in class when I was a student…even recently, my daughter and I did an intro to aerial hoop and silks and I was the oldest. When I was teaching pole at a studio though, the studio started to attract more than just the younger generation and ladies closer to my own age are the ones I prefer to teach the most. The rewards are so much greater in my opinion.

• Susanna417

June 17, 2019 at 3:15 pm

So nice to hear other “mature” ladies chiming in, lol. I’m always the oldest in every class at 49
    What are your ages?

• Susanna417

June 17, 2019 at 3:19 pm

And oh please someone start a class for those of us over 45 or so! I’m so in!!

• Colleen Larson

June 17, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Susanna, I’m 57.

• carolshop47326

June 17, 2019 at 9:45 pm

I’m 55, and I started 4 years ago. There are some tricks that I will never be able to do because of back and hip flexibility, but I keep learning new tricks and am happy with the strength and toned muscles that pole has given me.

• Anne d

June 21, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Hi, I’m 53 and started pole when i was 46. I have always been the oldest in class although sometimes i have had class mates that are close to my age and it has been great fun. Keep up the conditioning as I find that if I don’t I tend to loose the fitness and strength quicker than when I was younger.

• ItsMamaK

July 21, 2019 at 6:41 pm

I’m 53. Yes….there is a possibility you will improve your skills and surprise yourself at how far you go. The main thing is…do what you love. You may even end up competing or performing at some point. You’ve got nothing to lose, here….we are all supporting you. I , too, follow Gretta Pontarelli. She’s incredible !

Page 2 of 2