StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 38mm compared to 45mm pole

• 38mm compared to 45mm pole

Posted by Shellectra on October 5, 2011 at 5:40 am

Is 38mm alot different to 45mm? I am looking to get a proper brass pole after finding out my xpole brass is a "finish" not true brass (no wonder its slippery!) and I found a place that sells 38mm brass.  It sounds tempting, I would imagine my handsprings and strength moves would feel better on it, but are leg holds a lot harder on 38? Who uses 38 here, do you find it hard to use a 45mm after 38? Ta

Dancing Paws replied 12 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 5, 2011 at 9:37 am

I have use a 38mm and loved it! It is challenge for some leg holds but it was really fun! It does feel a LOT smaller than my 45 though. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_harry.gif

• distracted

October 5, 2011 at 10:25 am

We have 38mm and 50mm at my studio and I own a 45mm.  I find leg holds to still be easy on 38mm but I'm also fairly petite.  We instructors usually try a new move on the 38mm first and then move onto the 50mm.  It just feels safer somehow.

As for the jump from 38mm to 45mm, it is a significant difference.  If you're thinking of competiting or performing, I would advise having both sizes.  It's rough jump from 38mm to 45mm.  You don't get as many rotations on a spin, etc.

• EvaRut

October 5, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I love 38mm and don't have trouble with leg grips at all compared to 45mm 🙂

• Shellectra

October 5, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Thanks guys!! Now I just need someone with a 38mm in melbourne so I can try it lol

• Juicy J

October 6, 2011 at 5:22 am

Hey Shellectra!

Yep, I’ve got a 45mm Chrome X-Pert and use the 38mm Brass Pussycat Pole at my studio. =)
    I find the leg holds are ok on the 38mm and as for gripping with my hands, the 38mm is really A LOT better than the 45mm!
    It’s perfect for little hands!

I love the 38mm! =) Fly to Sydney for a wkend and try it out at Bobbi’s Pole Studio!! ;p

• Dancing Paws

October 6, 2011 at 9:42 am

Just thought I'd let you know, Reenie aka Mysfit told me she managed to bend her 38mm brass pole. Keep that in mind. Brass is a soft metal.

• Dancing Paws

October 6, 2011 at 9:43 am

She actually has pictures of it in her photo album.

• Dancing Paws

October 6, 2011 at 9:44 am