StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 37mm pole

• 37mm pole

Posted by maddieLines on November 29, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Yay https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif so i am getting another pole or should i say i am buying/borrowing 1 off a photographer i know,but its 37mm,does anyone have any experience with this size,i am getting it so i can get a deathlay closer to the ceiling,it is fixed at the top,which is great as long as its not to thin i cant grip.Any idears? Many thanks maddie x

allegra replied 14 years, 8 months ago 10 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

November 29, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Someone had just recently posted about making her own Bobbi pole. I guess the size of choice at Bobbi’s pole studio is 38mm. I have found that small poles are easier to grip if you are used to larger ones. Not sure about the deathlay, though.

• Mary Ellyn

November 29, 2009 at 7:38 pm

I would imagine the death lay would be difficult on that size pole as the smaller the pole the more difficult the leg grip…though it all depends on you and your strength and your build.

I would make certain you have someone spotting you when you first try it until you’re certain of your grip since you are use to doing it on a larger pole.

• EVamp83

November 30, 2009 at 10:21 am

It’s doable for sure. I practice on 38mm poles, but they don’t reach all the way to the ceiling and both SM and superman are my nemeses. But I have seen some of the girls I practice with do very pretty SMs and supermans on them. If you have difficulties getting enough leg grip, you could try tilting your pelvis and legs a bit, so you have more skin contact with the legs. Good luck!!!

• onepinkprincess

November 30, 2009 at 12:22 pm

I had a go on the R-pole which is 38mm at Miss Pole Dance UK and the stuff I was messing around with was great (just some basic inverts) but I didn’t try superman or any thigh grips as I’d had a few drinks by then and didn’t want to fall on my head. I remember liking the grip I had on the pole it felt really secure. My pole school have just bought some which I’ll be testing out Wednesday so I’ll let you know then.

Cxxx

• SissyBuns

November 30, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Punkrockgirlie tried Angels 38 yesterday and she said she looooooooved it. She said she was able to do a ton of stuff on it and stay on forever on spin. I don’t know if she tried anything that required leg grip on it though. I’d bet money that me personally would have a hard time gripping with my legs on such a small pole.

• maddieLines

November 30, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Many thanks for the replys https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif i should have mine up at the weekend so il let u know what its like,im thinking hand grip is alot better as my whole hand goes round,cant wait to try the TG as even on a 45 it felt better x

• Elyse Hauke

December 9, 2009 at 7:09 am

Hey maddie,

I really loved the 38mm. Hand grip was absolutely amazing. I didn’t do a whole lot of leg grip work when I had the chance because I was having too much fun turning 10 different spins into one big combo spin!!

However, some of the girls at Angel’s did say that if you are just learning a more difficult leg grip required moves its best to learn on a 45 or 50mm. If you are more advanced, its not as much of a problem. But like anything else, you just get used to it, try, try, try again, and eventually you get it. No matter what size pole it is. Look at Bobbi and her girls, they do everything on those poles.

The best person to ask would be Angel, since the owns the 38. She could tell you first hand what moves prove to be more difficult. I know I am a little late seeing this thread, but I hope it helps.

I am a huge advocate for the 38mm. A smaller pole will spoil you rotten though. Fair warning!

• maddieLines

December 11, 2009 at 10:59 am

My experience so far with the 37mm is great,Although it bends alot more than bigger sizes,bit scary at first,i was just wondering where can u buy bobbis 38mm? Maddie x

• EvaRut

May 1, 2010 at 1:44 am

I practise on a 38mm pole and I can do superman and other thigh holds on it. I have only tried a 45mm once and I found leg holds alot easier on it then on the 38mm pole. But all is possible on the 38mm when you get used to it https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Charley

May 2, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I have always used 50mm but after borrowing a 45mm I have now purchased a 45 pole for shows. I think the smaller diameter IS helpful with spin mode and it didn’t take long to get used to thigh/leg holds. I am not sure I’d like to move to a 38mm – but if it makes me look like Bobbi I’ll make the change.

• allegra

May 3, 2010 at 3:06 am

Hi Girls,

I dance on all sizes of pole regularly (50mm, 45mm and 38mm) and a death-lay on a 38mm pole will be no problem once you get used to it. Plus you can’t beat the 38mm for hand grip, you’ll love it! I originally learned all moves on 38mm poles and have never had a problem with leg grips or thigh grips, its all about what you’re used to.

X

Allegra
    Miss Pole Dance Australia 2010
    http://www.allegrapoledancer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;