StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 30 day Ab Challenge!

• Msshields

May 4, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Does anyone have tips on how to correctly engage ab muscles? Every time I have focused on core muscles I end up with a really muscular neck about a month in. I assume I must be doing it wrong. I haven’t started this challenge yet, but I want to improve on engaging my core in the 30 day take off and in general to build the ab muscles needed!

• Runemist34

May 4, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Hey Msshields!
    For correctly engaging the core muscles, and not so much those neck muscles, think about tightening your middle, and pulling your bellybutton in toward your spine. Your movements should start with your core, so try to focus on that area.
    For less on the neck, see if you can lift your chin up, like you would do if you were the highest of queens at a ball put on in her honour. You don’t need to look down at your navel, and you don’t need to crunch your neck so your nose is in your boobs! Lift it, lengthen!
    It takes a bit of practice, but this ab challenge was one of the better ones, and I really enjoyed doing it! I might pick it up again soon.

• Msshields

May 4, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Thanks Runemist34! I am pretty good about keeping my chin up, guess I just need to pull in my belly button more! I love that this challenge is not a bunch of crunches, I think that will help.

Page 3 of 3