StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 2 x pole questions

• 2 x pole questions

Posted by Poleluver on November 19, 2009 at 9:12 am

1) does everyone’s top part of the x pole just below the dome spin in static mode? – the pole remains tight and intact

2) I haven’t figured out how to keep my pole in static mode after spinny to keep totally static. –there is a small give before it is totally still when I start my spins or walk around it

I bet these are stupid questions and maybe somewhere in the paperwork but….

Louisex replied 14 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Mary Ellyn

November 19, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Jenna…I’m not certain what you mean by your first question? Is your upper pole section actually spinning when your pole is in static?

On the second question – there are two faint "x’s" engraved on the base of the pole and the hex screws must be lined up exactly with these "x’s" when you tighten the pole after you take it out of spin mode. If not you will also ruin your pole.

If your pole is just slightly rocking or turning back and forth when you take it out of spin mode you either don’t have the x’s lined up with the hex screws or the hex screws need to be tightened a bit more.

Be careful not to over-tighten them or you will strip them. Just firmly tighten them until the pole stays in place.

• Poleluver

November 19, 2009 at 4:39 pm

what I mean about the first question is while I’m climbing and holding on the the upper part of the pole just under the dome, the ( cover over part) isn’t staying put.

Thanks for the the help[:)

• amy

November 19, 2009 at 5:22 pm

do you mean the little sliding sleeve? you shouldn’t hold on to that at all, it will not hold you up!! i actually didn’t put mine on to begin with.

• Mary Ellyn

November 19, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I also recommend removing that piece. It’s only decorative and if you accidently grab it it can be dangerous.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 19, 2009 at 6:40 pm

The ladies are right the cover/sleeve is just for looks. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif And aligning the Xs will fix the spinny prob.

• Poleluver

November 19, 2009 at 8:23 pm

THANKS SOOO MUCH! Now I’m aware just how short my ceiling actually is:(

• sable

November 20, 2009 at 5:43 am

I know what you’re talking about it moves just a little bit. I figured out one day that I have to tighten it a little bit harder on both sides and it doesn’t move at all now. But I do notice that it starts to loosen back up like it was after I use it for a while. I don’t want to tighten it too too much because I don’t want to ruin it. I think I’m going to call X pole and ask them about this to see if it’s normal.

-Sable https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Louisex

December 8, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I know what you’re talking about it moves just a little bit. I figured out one day that I have to tighten it a little bit harder on both sides and it doesn’t move at all now. But I do notice that it starts to loosen back up like it was after I use it for a while. I don’t want to tighten it too too much because I don’t want to ruin it. I think I’m going to call X pole and ask them about this to see if it’s normal.

-Sable https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif
    what did x pole say? because im having the same problem with the pole when its in static. it spins back and forth abit. it isnt completely static. x