StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 2014 pole resolutions

• 2014 pole resolutions

Posted by ShonaLancs on November 20, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I have been working on my iron x this year and have seen progress, but in 2014 I am DETERMINED to get it…which means commitment to train it…
    What’s everyone else’s resolution for 2014?

divapolegoddess replied 10 years, 6 months ago 16 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • CatsEyes

November 20, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Ah ah ! Mine is also getting Iron X ! I kind of hope I would get it this year but I’m too slow…

But actually, my resolution for 2014 is not really to nail a move, it’s just to manage to find some time to pole..; especially as a relaxing way. I don’t want to feel overwhelmed by my life and job anymore.

• ERIN6907

November 20, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I am going officially make my 2014 Pole resolution to be: *drum role* TO FIND MY SEXY!! I have been poling for about a year now and although I can do some advanced tricks I think turning on a sexy song and really just letting go and being sexy is the hardest thing on earth and it shouldn’t be. I’ve been divorced for 7 years now and really never even dated anyone so I have issues in this department that I need to work thru and I think poling has helped a lot but I would just like to feel comfortable putting on something somewhat revealing…and just…be sexy! Life’s too short 🙂 Good luck to you both on your iron-x’s, can’t wait to see a video when you nail it!!

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

November 20, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I’ve just finished my membership at my studio and so this will be the first time that I’m not a regular member at a studio since a few months after I started poling (I self taught for maybe 4-5 months but then have been at a studio ever since). So one of my biggest resolutions will be to keep up my motivation and continue to train regularly at home. I also want to work on a few specific tricks, but don’t really have a timeline on those. I have a goal of getting my back flexibility to touch my feet to my head by Christmas, but splits will be my flexy goal for 2014 🙂

• makasha

November 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Definitely to get my splits, maybe even oversplits…just enough to look really nice and flat when I’m upside down. There are too many others to list. 😉

• calipolepixie

November 20, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Here are my 2014 resolutions:
    Caterpillar and Caterpillar climb
    Ayesha(all grips)
    Handspring mount
    Cartwheel mount
    Iron X
    Shoulder Mount and Shoulder dismount
    Marion Amber
    Brass Monkey
    Jade
    Circus climb
    Get my Advanced Pole teacher Cert(Shooting for Feb 2014)
    Do 2-3 showcases/performances

• yrngrl

November 21, 2013 at 8:24 am

Be able to do the tricks I already know on my ‘bad side’, aerial shoulder mount, and clean up the basics so I look smoother. I’m really pleased with how much progress I’ve made since I started pole earlier this year but I’ve been a little too focused on learning new stuff and want to make what I can already know look cleaner.

• DiddyBo

November 21, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Strength!!! Iv flexibility by the buckets. But strength….I have none, and I’m determined to change this on 2014. And to work on my poling regularly at home, on the pole I’m supposed to be getting for Xmas, and to build up confidence I’m choreographing my own dances 😀 bring on 2014 and what it has to offer!!! x

• Tasha J

November 21, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Off the top of my head:

Splits: My middles are almost there but my front splits still need lots of work
    Gemini: I’m still not sure where that one ran off to. :-\
    Shoulder mount

• Phoenix Hunter

November 21, 2013 at 2:12 pm

So many things! splits (all directions), I’m very close right now. touching my foot to my head.
    tuck invert, superman,caterpiller hold, butterfly, shoulder mount, allegra, flatline scorpio, marley, yogini (very close), haha! too many things to name.

• scorpiotrickster

November 21, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I would love to get the phoenix, but am pretty far off still. I also want to figure out the allegra (for some reason makes no sense to me!), and work on my non-dominant side. I would also like to work on transitions and fluidity, since I am the queen of tricks and avoid everything else. Maybe enter another competition too?

The possibilities are endless!

• Polefanatic678

November 21, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I have five things that will be my resolutions for next year:
    – Free standing back bend into bridge
    – Splits consistantly and with good form
    – Deadlift into twisted grip to Static V
    – Enter a competition (I have horrible stage fright)
    – That blasted Iron X

Next year will be my fourth year of pole dancing 😀

• dustbunny

November 21, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I’ve been working on Aysha (any grip) for over a year now. That has to stay on the list. I also want superman fall, shouldermount flip to sit, allegra, jade, brass monkey, and loads more. Lol

• leyrose

November 21, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Middle splits, fonji, iron x. I also want to get my twisted grip hand spring but I’m hoping that’s before the end of the year

• Krissykiki

November 21, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Shoulder mount, Ayesha, caterpillar climb, straight edge, Remi Bridge, and improve my back/shoulder flexibility, I want my feet to my head in one position or another ;).

• divapolegoddess

November 22, 2013 at 3:39 pm

In no specific order of importance:
    Iron X
    Twisted Grip Dead Lift
    Splits
    Learn to Twerk
    Increase Back and Shoulder flexibility