StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 1-2 Points of contact

• 1-2 Points of contact

Posted by Papillon on July 26, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Hello there!

I’ve been wondering for a while already, which are the moves having 1 point of contact? I know Iron-x, Handsprings and Ayeshas are some of those, but I cannot think of anything else. Is there anywhere online where I can find the lists of these 1 or 2 points of contacts?

Thank you! 🙂

I polekat I replied 5 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    July 26, 2018 at 4:19 pm

There are actually a lot if you include 2 POC’s: Knee hold, Genini, Yogini, Superman, Gargoyle, Marley, Janiero, Pencil mount to name a few.

I don’t know of any list but all of main lessons include the POCs because I was the first to use this term when teaching pole 😊 “Toots own horn” 🎺

• Papillon

July 27, 2018 at 9:59 am

Thank you Veena!! Yes, I remember your classes listed points of contact, you are a visionary, aren’t you? 🙂

Yes, those are a lot of moves with 2 points! thank you so much!! now, are there any with one point of contact other than Ayesha, Handsprint or Iron X?

Thank you!!

• Veena

Administrator
    July 27, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Not that I can think of off hand. Just variations of those moves you listed.

• Papillon

July 28, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Yeah, I don’t think there can be many!

Thank you for your help! 🙂

• I polekat I

August 25, 2018 at 8:38 pm

I guess even iron x, ayesha etc are classed as 2 POC moves… ? As you have 2 hands on so one POC on each…
    I guess a true 1 POC move would be a one hand spin with no other part of you touching the pole…