StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Expo 2014

• Pole Expo 2014

Posted by Lee lee on February 26, 2014 at 8:27 pm

All my bags are packed and I’m ready to go…well, only 1/2 of that is correct so far! But I am so excited to be going to my first pole conference ever in September.

I was researching last year’s expo and I thought it might be nice to have one spot instead of several where other dancers could talk about Pole Expo (and because my non-dancer friends are already sick of hearing about it).

If you have gone, please share any advice you might have on workshops, what to bring or even where and what to do in the evenings. If you are going, I would love to know, maybe a few of us could schedule a meetup?

For anyone who is not familiar with Pole Expo, there is some more basic information here: http://www.poleexpo.com. Passes are on sale now and The Palms Resort is already taking reservations for the discounted rooms. Workshop will be up in early March.

Princess Buttercup replied 9 years, 7 months ago 44 Members · 179 Replies
  • 179 Replies
  • luvlee

February 26, 2014 at 10:51 pm

I honestly did not leave the hotel but maybe once! All the action was there. I went to SV,s pool party! My phone is dying! I will add advice and what to bring later!

• Lee lee

March 25, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Workshops are on sale now!

• CrazyKosters

March 25, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I want to go sooo bad! If i can go, i would like to meet up with people from studioveena as well!

• calipolepixie

March 25, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I am trying to go as well! I’m dying to meet my FB pole buddies & SV peeps. I probably won’t know until May if I can go for sure though :/

• x falcon 3 0 x

March 25, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Woohoo! I was the 1st one to get this year’s pass according to Fawnia (yes, I was sitting on my laptop at midnight when they went on sale lol) I went last year, too. Stuff to bring? A yoga mat or beach towel for any of the stretching classes, a notebook, a video cam, along with the rest of your stuff that you would bring to a pole class or that you have on hand at home. Some instructors allow video and others don’t, so expect to draw pictures. I drew lots of stick figure poses in contortion class.

At night I went and saw ‘O’ at the Bellagio. Cirque de Soleil owns the nightclub Light at Mandalay Bay, so if you’re into clubbing, they’ve got pole as well as other aerial acts going on above the dance floor. Light is the most impressive club in Vegas imo.

• luvlee

March 26, 2014 at 5:16 am

We have our passes! I am so ready! I have browsed workshops. I will be doing a Lyra one this year too! I will be doing about 3 or 4 but I am not sure which ones yet.

• SharkyHill

March 26, 2014 at 7:53 am

I will be there! Still trying to figure out what workshops I want to take. I’ve got it narrowed down to five, but not sure if that’s too many! Last year when I went, vendors, including Bad Kitty, were doing discounts on their merchandise. Some would discount more if you paid in cash (like Onzie).

• polesilks

March 26, 2014 at 8:58 am

We are really looking forward to going to Pole Expo again this year and have already booked booth #A. Its amazing and Fawnia and her team run it so well… It has a special place in our hearts as it was the first time I had ever flown long haul first time in the USA and to top it of my boyfriend Pete dropped the big question “will you marry me?” not in any place but he had been talking with Fawnia and it was done in front of 1100 people on the Friday night in the Rain Night club… OMG and our picture keeps popping up every where… See these from Sam Green… Cant wait to meet you amazing people again and have a great time.. Sue x

• Lee lee

March 27, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Lots of great tips so far! Thanks! I’m grateful that I’m going with people from my studio, but I can’t wait to meet some fellow Veeners too!

Stiletto Jeau – Funny about being the 1st to buy a pass.

Polesilks – What a lovely memory! Thank goodness you said yes! 🙂

• SharkyHill

March 27, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Oh, also, bring a small towel for you to use to wipe down your pole (or use one from your hotel room). Last year they had towels, but they were community towels that were probably not changed out all weekend!

• Lee lee

March 29, 2014 at 10:09 am

SharkyHill – Eww at the thought of not changing the towels, but I added a towel to my list of must-brings. Do we have to bring our own spray/alcohol for the poles?

• luvlee

March 29, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I brought a travel size of alcohol for the poles.

• SharkyHill

March 30, 2014 at 7:48 am

I believe they had some there. I don’t remember that being an issue.

• luvlee

March 30, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I always just took hand towels from the hotel room to clean the poles. They brought me extra ones every day. I am going to take a look at the workshops tonight!

• Mechie

April 2, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Question – For those who been to Pole Expo (or Pole Con)…

Does a person’s pole skill play a major role in workshop experience?

The reason I asked is because I’ve never been to a Pole Con nor Pole Expo. My pole “level” is more intermediate according to my instructor (I still consider myself a newbie though…). I went to a “pole jam with name-not-mention” pole star last year and the experience was less than appealing.

Even though the “name-not-mention” wrote TONS of stuffs about how pole-newbies should be encouraged and how she love ya and all that jazz…An actual class with her revealed “blog vs reality”…The jam I went to was wasn’t free…and the skill level in that class vary from beginner to advance…During the entire class, “name-not-mention” only focus on the advance students and total ignore the beginners and intermediates…It’s like “Oh, you can’t do this move…then too bad” kind of attitude. Which…is sad.

Since flying out and buying pass for Pole Con is not cheap…I just want to hear some of the experience you ladies encountered…to see if it’s worth. =)

Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 12